5.0 out of 5 stars great tpis
I got this magazine a few month ago for my kindle fire. The images are great and the articles helpfull. It has text view that makes reading the articles very easy. Would recommend to anyone who likes to do it yourself and doesn't already have a lot of knowledge on these types of projects.
Published on April 7, 2012 by Mark Woods

2.0 out of 5 stars Not formatted for the Fire
I found navigation difficult. Browsing is laborious because of the size of the kindle screen.

In general I have found that publishers love to sell electronic copies because it cuts down on production cost. But, they are unwilling to format and check their work. In many e-books on Kindle there are spelling errors that go unnoticed.

On this...
Published on June 25, 2012 by rct

2.0 out of 5 stars Not formatted for the Fire, June 25, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)

On this publication it was difficult to scan the magazine because of the text size. The publisher should make an e version not just scan it in. E-versions deserve the quality of print versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tpis, April 7, 2012
Mark Woods (Albuquerque, NM United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent magazine, LOUSY digital product, November 20, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Let me preface this by saying that the print Family Handyman is a great publication. However, this review is a direct response to the digital format sold via Amazon. This magazine simply does NOT work well in digital format. The inability to read it on my Kindle for PC app has led me to cancel my subscription and complain to both Amazon and the publisher. This is a magazine full of instructions and photos. Even with the capacity to zoom and enlarge, it's bloody impossible to work through a project reading on the Kindle Fire. I cannot imagine what a nightmare it would be trying to navigate on the other Kindle apps (especially the ones for phones - sheesh). It really sucks that Amazon is doing this magazine and us readers such a disservice by refusing to allow magazines to be read on the Kindle for PC app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tip and projects for DIYer, April 29, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Basically a pdf of the print edition. Very high quality and smooth. Would recommend to everyone that likes to work with their hands. I find myself looking forward to the magazine every month. Reading on Ipad and Iphone and works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many ads, July 8, 2012
K. Brooks (Southeastern MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Perhaps regular readers of this magazine aren't bothered by the ads but I found that this magazine contained more advertisements than actual reading material and projects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Answered a question, easily followed advice., June 7, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Had a question I was searching for an answer. Not much of a hand with repairs around the house. It was easy to follow and did the trick. Will probably purchase again. Found many other articles of use and interest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, July 10, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as the magazine itself. I would not recommed anyone download a digital magazine such as this. But I guess I had to try it once. Don't know if I will ever try another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars great magazine, June 7, 2012
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
Diy great magazine how to and alot of step by step articles and tips. They also do a lot of product reviews. This magazine will you save you a lot of money

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Info bad presentation, June 27, 2014
Joe (MACHESNEY PARK, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
The Information in the book is good, but the amount of adds and the fact that I can not read it on my window devices only lets me give it at the most 2 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the handiest magazines to have around the house., May 29, 2014
Book Traveller (Kathleen, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Family Handyman (Kindle Edition)
I've subscribed to The Family Handyman for years, always enjoyed each issue and found tips for working around the house. I made a resolution this year to try to cut down on the clutter around my house and decrease the amount of magazines I receive, so I was waiting for my paper subscription to expire before subscribing on line. I love it that I can easily look up articles without having to go through a stack of magazines.

The Family Handyman
The Family Handyman by Reader's Digest Association, Inc.
$12.00