5.0 out of 5 stars Recipies
I almost didn't buy this book because the sample pages did not let me see the names of the recipes or their ingredients. My family is into plain food-nothing exotic or hard to pronounce. I found plenty that won't scare the natives:

For example:
Published 10 months ago by Mom of 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing
Published 9 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipies, January 12, 2014
This review is from: The Fat Chance Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes Ready in Under 30 Minutes to Help You Lose the Sugar and the Weight (Hardcover)

For example:
Pork Loin with Apples and Onions
Quick Enchiladas
Slow Oven-Smoked Brisket
Italian Style Meatballs
Chicken Braised with Onions and Tomatoes
No guilt fish tenders
Old fashioned Beef Stew

There are also some new things to try:
Caprese-Style Polenta and Steak
Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
Quinoa Turkey Casserole

My husband and I saw Dr. Lustig on CNN. Because of that lecture my husband gave up pop and is his normal, sane, self again instead of the volatile person he'd become. I doubled my veggies and have lost 2 pounds in a week :). I was glad to get the cookbook for more ideas-especially for making basics like barbecue sauce without sugar.

Bon Appetit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, Great Information, Easy and affordable, January 2, 2014
This is more than just a cookbook.

The Fat Chance Cookbook is a guidebook and resource for eating healthy. Dr. Lustig's message is clear and convincing and he breaks down the science health talk in a easy to read format. Cindy Gershen's recipes are so easy to read and cook - she makes healthy cooking effortless. After reading these recipes, she makes me want to spend some time in the kitchen and make the simple stuff like - ketchup, salsa, and salad dressing. I never quite realized how lacking the store-bought versions are - and how easy and delicious a homemade version is.

This is a wonderful book for anyone interested in learning how to cook healthy without having to break the bank. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gourmet food and lots of it for health and weight loss, what’s not to like?, January 2, 2014
CHARLES (SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA USA) - See all my reviews
I’ve known Cindy for over 40 years. Yes I’m biased; I’ve always loved her cooking. With these recipes I can eat all I want and not put on weight. Cindy lost 100 pounds in six months eating this food and has kept it off for over 10 years. She sells this food every day in her gourmet restaurant. Most of her customers don’t know or care that they are eating healthy, they just like the food. Her high school students love the food and make it for their parents at home.

The included condensed version of Dr. Lustig’s bestselling book Fat Chance is a bonus and a quick read if you don’t have time for the big book.

Dr. Lustig and Cindy are changing lives. Do yourself a favor, get the book and change your life, for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook a lot of information on nutrition plus recipes, February 7, 2014
Great book easy to follow recipes, everything we tried so far came out great . My 12 year old daughter loves the recipes from this book and she is an extremely picky eater

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing, February 22, 2014
I recently bought this and the AHA cookbook. The AHA cookbook focuses on removing as much salt and fat from food as possible while leaving in sugar and store bought pre-packaged "food". The "Fat Chance Cookbook" focuses on removing as much sugar & artificial sweeteners as possible while leaving in the salt and fat. Both books' recipes were not very interesting to me, but I'm hoping between the two I might come up with a few keeper recipes.

What I did like about this book was the condensed version of the author's previous book "Fat Chance". It's got the basics and the authors seem reasonable, i.e. not health nazis. The recipes were tested by high school students, so this is a plus for people who are new to cooking, but doesn't offer much for more experienced home cooks. Also, the title is misleading: 100 recipes is a lot of the same recipes done several different "ethnic" ways (You want it Italian? Add oregano. Indian? Add Curry powder. Mexican? Add chili powder and cumin. etc) Recipes using ingredients that take longer than 30 minutes to prepare are supposed to be prepared ahead of time and frozen, or left to cook/soak overnight. I don't really plan that far ahead, so...

All in all, there were at least 3 new recipes that I will definitely try (homemade jam that looks easy and doesn't need a complicated canning process,several sandwich ideas) and a different recipe for homemade ketchup that sounds interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, April 24, 2014
E. Mercado (Naperville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this two months ago and have enjoyed making my own marinara sauce and many other staples. I have stuffed potatoes in the oven as I write this. Recipes are simple and delicious, with ingredients that are mostly pretty easy to obtain. Haven't tried his version of cheesecake yet, but I love that it was included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best recipes!, January 9, 2014
That is the whole point of the book is to eat clean-no sugar substitutes!! Sugar sub are not good and can trick your body to crave sugar. The recipes are tasty and creative enough so you won't find a need for that junk. Also to train your pallet not to need the sweet for sugar substitutes but from natural sugars in fruits and veggies, etc!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fan of Dr Lustig., April 13, 2014
First, I am a fervent believer in Dr Lustig's war on processed foods, particularly those sweetened with high fructose corn syrup!

Therefore, I had high expectations for this cookbook. Maybe too high. I will admit that I have only prepared a few recipes so my feedback is not broad based. But I have found that some are good and some are not all that good.

The recipes we like, have become go-to meals.

What I do really like and appreciate is that there are recipes staples like dressings and sauces; thus being able to avoid all the bad stuff in store bought stuff like catsup and ranch dressing.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOSE 100 LBS IN 6 MONTHS...THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ !!!, January 6, 2014
Imagine losing 100 pounds in 6 months as the author did....

We all thought, including myself, that by simply cutting back on calories we were heading toward a more healthy lifestyle... but the book explains that calories are not all the same.... we learn that those individuals who are thin are not necessarily healthy and that only by eating healthy, NON-PROCESSED foods can we truly be healthy ourselves....

This book provides straight-forward information on nutrition followed by delicious recipes that make eating healthy easy and fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars This cooK book is disappointing, April 21, 2014
Personally, I was very disappointed. I was really looking forward to this book. Just what I wanted recipes that were healthy and good for you, but I haven't found a recipe that tastes good! Instructions are simple and well organized, Yes, they are quick and easy for the most part but.......Robt Lustig's family has very different tastes from mine. Frankly some of them were really impossible to eat!

$26.95 $19.53