5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for parents of pre-teen girls
Published on April 16, 2005 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Although, because it's American Girl, I expected it to be expensive, I was very disappointed with the quality of this book. It didn't even meet criteria for a good paperback book. I am using it as an "add on" gift for a little girl instead of an individual present. I was disappointed.
Published on December 21, 2011 by SM

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for parents of pre-teen girls, April 16, 2005
This review is from: The Feelings Book: The Care & Keeping of Your Emotions (American Girl) (American Girl Library) (Paperback)
I can't recommend this book highly enough. I agree with an earlier reviewer that it's really not a book for a 12-13 year old; it's perfect for those pre-pubescent 8-11 kids. My daughter, age 9, and I worked through this book together and she learned a lot and is really putting her new knowledge to good use. With rates of depression, suicide, eating disorders, etc., growing so frighteningly among teenagers and young women, it's incumbent on us as parents to give our kids a good grounding before they hit the really hard years of the early teens. This book is an excellent tool to help us do just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to deal with your emotions, November 7, 2004
A Kid's Review
This book has everything you need to be able to deal with your emotions. It has techniques for you to use when you have a certain feeling that you really can't control. The advice this book gives you is very helpful, and there's even a part in the book of how to deal with your feelings when your parents are getting divorced. If you're embarrassed, scared, happy, sad, mad, or WHATEVER, this book tells you how to handle good feelings, and BAD. It'll really take you through the process, and YOU have to pick the choices you think are right. If you're confused about your feelings in this period of your life, you should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all pre-teen girls, June 28, 2004
bayba "bayba62" (Bolingbrook, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I can't recommend this book enough for girls ages 8 - 12.
My daughter has it & loves it. It is a great reference for young girls who are embarassed to talk about their feelings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, January 4, 2005
As the older sister of a girl almost 13, I thought this book would be a good gift. While the advice is pretty good and sound, the book itself and the illustrations are too young for her. At 12, she is already on to older books. This book is pretty good for 11 and under. But by 12, probably need something more sophisticated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 25, 2006
A Kid's Review
I`m 10 and I like how this book tells me how to handle my changing emotions. In the help section,some girls have the same problems as me,so I got the answers.I reccomend this book,and The Care and Keeping of You to go with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, August 28, 2006
My daughter is 13 and has ocd with anxiety. This book has brought her comfort. There are some many emotions at 13 and then add ocd on top it.. this book gave her ways to cope when she was feeling nervous. It also helps with all the moods of being 13.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the 12 and under crowd, January 21, 2006
This book is fantastic. It addresses most of the social problems girls have at this age and outlines positive ACTION that they can take to overcome it. The illustrations and questions make it very approachable, they aren't intimidating and don't give off a condescending feel that books such as the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens gives off. (Although 7 Habits is a good book if you can convince the teen to read it).

I wouldn't give it to a girl above 13, but I'd leave it on the coffee table or on my reading table. Even though it'd be a bit young for her, she could get some good information that isn't taught or mentioned in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - VERY Helpful!, December 31, 2007
Our family went through some real tragedy this year and we bought this book for our 9yo daughter on the advice of her counselor. It was an excellent book - it really helped my daughter understand and deal with her emotions. She worked through the book and it really seemed to give her insight into herself and how to cope with all the [very normal but quite overwhelming] emotions she was having.

This is an excellent book and I think it would be helpful for ANY girl as she approaches puberty and starts to mature into a young lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is awsome!, August 26, 2006
A Kid's Review
This book is not just for pre-teens. I'm 13 and I read it everyday. So any one can read not just kids 12 and under. So none should thinks its for pre-teens only.Don't listen to people who says its a bad book becaues it can be used for all ages . So I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS BOOK!!!

Kristen

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!!, September 22, 2007
KPELK (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Great book....my 7 yr old and I read it together. It allowed me to see & experience some of her true feelings about some things without her realizing it. It has a number of activities and exercises that we did throughout the book that really helped her open up about things she would normally feel a bit embarassed about sharing with me. A great book to read together during that precious parent/child time.

Used & New from: $0.01