5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
Published 20 months ago by AKennedy

3.0 out of 5 stars Learning about my feelings
Published 8 months ago by Abigail

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, May 1, 2013
This review is from: The Feelings Book (Revised): The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions (Paperback)
My daughter (9 years old) has been on an emotional rollercoaster the last couple of months. I have talked with her, but what do moms know? My sister recommended this book, and when my daughter read it she began to feel better and more 'normal'. We read the book out loud so that we could discuss things together. It really helped her open up and express her feelings more freely with me. (Plus she figured out that mom might know a thing to two after all...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a preteen, March 12, 2013
I bought this book for my 11 year old daughter because she's at the age, where her feelings can get hurt quickly. She has alot of girl drama going on at school, which goes like "she said , he said stuff" and about this group of girls don't like her ect. So this book was great for her, on how to handle different kinds of emotions in a positive way. So when ever she is in a difficult situation, she will have the tools that she learn from this book on how to handle the situation in a positive way. The book identifies different type of feelings, suggested some causes for those feelings and then gives a list of thoes solutions to try when you don't know what to do. The book also talk about these topics and how to deal with them in a positive light. The topics are fear, anxiety, jealousy and grief. My daughter is not taking every situation to the heart and handing her emotions much better after reading this book. Overall I think it is a good read for preteens on how to handle their emotions in a positive manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, April 13, 2013
I borrowed this (and several other along the same line) from the library for my 9yo who was going through some issues at school. She brought the book to me several times asking me to read certain paragraphs that described how she felt and then went on to give suggestions on how she could handle the emotions. I photocopied one page and hung it on her wall so that she could refer to it easily and I am now buying our own copy so that she can go back to it as needed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learning about my feelings, April 28, 2014
This review is from: The Feelings Book (Kindle Edition)
I DID learn about my feelings. But, I didn't really learn anything new. I would recommend this book to beginners but not to teens. I would recommend this book to ages 9-10. This book did teach me a lot, but I was really bored. I would often completely skip over several pages of this book. If you are reading this, that means you probably have some sort of interest in reading this book. To find out if you will like it, try a sample. The sample will only show you the table of contents, but, that's a start. I really enjoyed the HELP! section of this book. It helped to satisfy my feelings in exercises, not screaming and yelling till you get what you want. If you feel like you are not normal, this is an excellent read. But however, if you are feeling normal and are very experienced, don't get this book. I hoped that my review helped and I hope that you find a wonderful book on your kindle to read today!!
Yours Truly,
Abigail, an American Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young, emotional girls., March 23, 2013
This was purchased for an eight year old child who experienced several life changing events in her life. Understanding emotions and how to cope with them by reading this book during some alone time has really helped. Easy reading and covers lots of the ups and downs that children face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for girls, May 29, 2013
This was a great book for my daughter who is 9 years old and was struggling with some of her emotions like anger and frustration. I really liked it because it breaks down the concept of CBT (changing your thoughts to help change your actions and reactions) in a way that was easy for her to grasp and for us to talk about. It also normalized her feelings and made her feel like she wasn't alone. It has been a nice way for us to read it together and talk about any things or times that she has experienced these feelings. It's highly recommended and would probably be appropriate for ages 7-10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Help me to express my feeling, September 2, 2013
A Kid's Review
While reading this book it has help me learn a lot about my feelings and how to express them in a positive way.I Learned what I am really feeling,what my mood is why I cry and what I can do with these emotions.It has also tough me how to talk to people that I know care about me and how I am feeling.I now know that I'm not the only girl that has these same feelings and emotions, that all girls go through the same thing.I would tell all my friends to read his book so they to will learn how to express what they are feeling and it may even help them to learn how to talk to me if they are mad, upset or even if I hurt their feelings.I will be sure to keep this book next to my bed for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Solid Advice, February 23, 2013
VCST (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I like all these little books. They provide sound, solid advice and my 12 year old daughter really enjoys them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For The Emotional & The Pragmatic, August 25, 2014
My 8-year-old daughter read this immediately... then used it's suggestions by the next day. This, from a very dramatic, cry at the drop of one negative word or look from someone type of girl. I am very pragmatic, so I had no idea how to help her, but thanks to this life-saving book she's taking care of it all by herself. Here' the kicker: She still comes to me and shares her emotions, but she's telling me how she's taking care of the problem. Yippee! I want her to include me in her life, not hide her feelings and cause a rift between us, and I'm also learning the techniques in the book for when the Universe converges on me from several angles and I'm feeling emotional and could use some sage advice on how best to handle it.

By the way, I've bought almost every single American Girl book and all are brilliant and well-loved by my daughter (even the Body Book). I've learned a lot myself. For her Fall birthday we are getting her a subscription to the magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tween Moods, May 6, 2013
Perfect for a 10 year old girl! My daughter learned that different emotions are normal and learned how to express herself better!

The Feelings Book (Revised): The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions
The Feelings Book (Revised): The Care and Keeping of Your Emotions by Dr. Lynda Madison (Paperback - February 26, 2013)
$9.99 $9.18