Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

I recommend this book to everyone who adopts a ferret from us. Its very informative and written in terms that everyone can understand. It really deals with ferrets as loving housepets and not like some books that still refer to them as "exotic" and "unusual". I believe this to be the most informative, interesting and fun book on ferrets and their care on the market.
on November 22, 1999
I purchased this book when I got my first kit and it was very helpful and informative. I highly recommend this book, especially for new owners. As having only owned older ferrets, this book really did come in handy.
on January 17, 1999
I've read every ferret book on the market, and this is the one I recommend to new ferret owners. It has lots of great information in an easy-to-read format. The best thing about this book is that it was written by a very experienced ferret owner, and (unlike other ferret books) has no mistakes in it. It's a super resource. I do wish that the book had more details in some areas, and I note that some of the Internet resources listed in the back of the book are out of date or incomplete. But still, this is a super book. If you need to know how to care for your ferrets, buy this book.
on June 26, 2014
So I came into check on our ferret and our 5 year old was spinning it around by the tail. So we gave him away to a good home, the ferret was okay but our son misses us. Good book by the way, boring read. Keep it next to the toilet and read it when you are constipated.
on December 21, 2000
I checked out several books on ferrets from the library, and then bought this one. I felt it contained all of the useful, general information a ferret fancier needed. Since I had never owned a ferret when I first owned the book, it answered all of my basic questions. Later as I became more experienced with my pets, I still found useful tips for strange behaviours, suggested treats, etc. Between this book, and the alt.pets.ferrets Usenet group, you'll have all the advice you need to have healthy happy little bouncies!
on November 27, 1999
This is the best ferret book i have yet read. This book has a lot of usefull infomation other books don't have. I recommend it to everyone.
on October 23, 2013
I chose this rating because its a good book. I bought this book because I was looking for information about ferrets as a possible pet. I think this would be a good book for anyone who owns or is thinking of owning a pet ferret.
on January 22, 1999
If you're getting a pet ferret, or want to get a gift for a ferret owner, THIS IS THE BOOK! It's humour and light touch make it readable to even the most hardened pet ferret owner, and it's simplicity and thorough coverage of the subject of ferrets is perfect for an absolute beginner. This is the care book you'll read even after think you know everything about your ferret. It's filled with charming pictures, and is currently the most up to date guide. AND it's written by a woman who has spent the last 4 years hearing every fad and fasion regarding ferret care! Frankly, if you team this up with 'Training your ferret', I doubt you'll ever need any other ferret books in your life!! Why buy 10 when you can get one??
on September 22, 1998
This is probably the most up to date ferret book you could buy. Most I've read were pretty on the ball, but often had misleading and dangerous info mixed in with the good, that were now known to be bad for your pet. This is concise, and great for the real beginner. I've been involved with ferrets for years, and found this book is true to life as well as informative, with it's 'Health', "Ferret Proofing' and other sections. You'll get no nasty surprises. My only complaint is that it can be a bit cutesy, and lacks on 'precise' diagram drawings which tend to help for things such as caging or sexing of ferrets.
on July 9, 1998
This book about ferrets is probably the most informative I've ever read on the subject. But the best thing is it was written by ferret owners, no just some vets who think they know everything about ferrets but have never owned one. Mary and Eric own many ferrets, and that seems to add the perfect touch to this book. I'd reccomend it if you're new to ferrets, or even if you're a scholar in the field. I also like the photos! :)