Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

70%
30%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on November 28, 2011
Wildly imaginative, heartwarming, and funny. "The Firefly" reminds the adult reader of the power of childhood curiosity yet it also connects with young readers through the character Regina. Regina is bored and lonely, adventurous and brave, yet longing for home. She is a character young children will connect with easily. And the surprise twist at the end...

In short, my students loved it. I loved it. I believe it is Ms. Perna's first children's story (only one listed on Google) but I cannot wait for her next!

Also, the illustrations by Sayantani Debnath are wonderful.

Truly a bright and illustrious future is ahead for both writer and illustrator!
on February 24, 2013
This book was creative and imaginative. I loved how the book was in the perspective of a little kid. She was so adorable. I recommend The Firefly for all young readers so that they may keep a huge imagination.
on November 20, 2011
Katie Perna lights up this story of adventure from deep within her own creative mind and brings to her readers, a simple expression of life. The illustrations compliment the Firefly's words with brilliant colors & subtle twists starting with the yellow glow of the title on the cover and interesting hair of leaves which introduce you to the main character Regina. Fascination of Discovery & appreciation for natural life are expressed within the pages of The Firefly. Well done, Katie!
on March 5, 2013
Excellent story for little boys and girls who like tinkerbell-type stories. Both my 5yr old girl and 3yr old boy paid close attention. Good free kindle book.
on May 13, 2013
Great illustrations and short enough to hold a child's attention. Common interest topic for young children and pursuit of enthusiastic learning.
on April 12, 2014
Read this to my 2 and a half year old and he laughed and laughed. Started out slow but it still managed to keep his attention.
on April 5, 2014
I loved reading this book knowing that I can understand the words.this book is truly a good book!! Thank you Katherine Perna
on March 20, 2013
My grandkids loved me reading this book to them did it on the kindle and they went to it and read it again themselves
on August 11, 2013
My eight year old daughter enjoyed this book. Good story, easy read for older children. I would recommend this book.
on May 6, 2013
my son loved this book it was great for him.. easy for him to stay interested and get into the book..