5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read
I read the book over two days. The information is presented very well and in an understandable manner. It sets the stage for the seriousness of the disease but also gets you in a position to deal with it as best as you can. So far, I have liked this book the most of the diabetes related material I have ordered and highly recommend this. This should be the book you get...
Published on March 31, 2007 by stinhoutx

2.0 out of 5 stars Depressing
I am recently diagnosed with Type 2 and this was the 10th book I read on the subject...and the only one that was depressing in tone. The author herself admits in her forward that she has issues with food and it shows - she talks a lot about never eating her favorite things again, which is not the case as long as it's done in moderation. I was handling things well until...
Published on August 3, 2007 by Gabryyl Pierce

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, February 18, 2008
This review is from: The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed (Paperback)
This book is a life saver for a newly diagnosed diabetic. it covers every conceivable emotional issue that crosses one's mind. And it gives direction for additional information

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, March 5, 2013
i really liked this book, everyone with diabetes should own a copy. great information and data presented well. a little dismal in spots but it deals with a dismal subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book; but was sent the old (not latest) edition as ordered., August 20, 2008
Excellent book; very informative and "user friendly." However, I wish I had been shipped the latest edition instead of being "jipped" by receiving the old edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Guide for the Recently Diagnosed, December 22, 2007
Shannon (JOHNSON CITY, TN, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this guide the day I was diagnosed with Diabetes. It's guidance has really helped me get oriented and begin to properly deal with it. The writing is professional, yet comes from the point of view of a person that isn't just a physician, she HAS diabetes.

The chapters are easy to read and each has a summary at the end. She gives the reader the choice of getting the basic information first, then presenting the clinical reasons to be reviewed in more detail later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have If You Are Recently Diagnosed, September 29, 2008
This book was so helpful. I know I will learn more from it every day. If you are just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes it's a must have. I had no idea what I was doing. This book has gotten me through. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Learn Much, July 16, 2013
KS DEED (BRATTLEBORO, VT ,USA) - See all my reviews
In March I was told that I was borderline diabetic.My knee jerk reaction was to buy this book to educate me on what I could expect to happen, and how I could reverse the process. However, I didn't read it through as I felt 95% of what I read I knew already, and was readily available free on the Internet - or from your doctor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, September 27, 2010
This item arrived in a very timely fashion, in very good shape. I would definitely order from this selller again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Diabetes, April 13, 2014
My daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes about six years ago and it is a daily challenge to balance.

2.0 out of 5 stars stupid, October 23, 2011
This book is so lame, I cannot believe it got such good reviews. I've learned very little from it and I find the author uses a condescending tone. I am recently diagnosed, but not ignorant. Other times, she gets so complex, that I find myself skipping those parts. I wouldn't recommend this book unless you know absolutely nothing about this disease. By the way, I do not profess to know everything, because I don't by any means.

4.0 out of 5 stars Magnesium is essential, December 25, 2011
D. R. Schryer (Poquoson, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Humans need insulin to process sugar. And we need the mineral magnesium "for the production, function, and transport of insulin" as stated by Dr. Carolyn Dean in her book The Magnesium Miracle. In other words, many cases of diabetes -- especially type 2 diabetes -- are caused primarily by deficiency of magnesium which, unfortunately, is currently quite common in the U.S. Therefore, in many cases, type 2 diabetes can be treated, and often even cured, simply by taking sufficient supplemental magnesium. The requisite amount of magnesium typically is 500 mg to 600 mg daily -- preferably as chelated magnesium or magnesium citrate.

As noted above, The Magnesium Miracle by Dr. Carolyn Dean discusses the role of magnesium in the prevention and treatment of diabetes as does the book The Magnesium Factor by Dr. Mildred Seelig. Both of these important books are readily available from Amazon.com.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed by Gretchen Becker (Paperback - December 27, 2006)
$16.95 $14.18