5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep track of milk
Published on August 10, 2008 by Briggsmo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but.....
Published on April 11, 2009 by WorkSlave1010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep track of milk, August 10, 2008
This review is from: The First Years Breastflow Milk Storage Organizer (Baby Product)
Due to extenuating circumstances, I exclusively pumped and fed my baby breast milk from a bottle. I used this storage system several times per day with the Lansinoh bags -- a combination that worked very well for me and my baby. This box allowed me to keep the milk in order by date and time so that I was always using the oldest first. (The Lansinoh bags fit well, and I recommend them too) It kept the milk confined to a small, organized space in the refrigerator and the springloaded backing kept everything standing up and easily visible. I was able to store up to 20+ bags of 5 oz each at any given time. I finally did begin freezing the milk, but chose to freeze it on a cookie sheet and then store it rather than freezing it standing up. It seemed to freeze faster this way.

I liked the fact that the storage system is discreet. It looks like a plastic storage box in the refrigerator; it doesn't scream "LOOK here's breast milk" and make others potentially uncomfortable.

I considered using the bottle rack storage system because it felt as if I was creating a lot of waste, but the reasons I stuck with bags were that this system was easy but more importantly, warming milk in hot tap water is much easier and faster in bags (where there is more surface area) than in bottles and when your baby is crying because he is hungry, quicker is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Honey Suckle Breast Milk Storage Bags, September 28, 2012
This item is compatible with Honeysuckle breast milk storage bags. I didn't see any other reviews saying so specifically, so now you know!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but....., April 11, 2009
I thought this was a really great idea to organize all of my breastmilk after working so hard to pump it all. Well, I purchased this along with the Lansinoh bags, which I preferred over the First Years bags because they were BPA free and sturdier. Well, even though the Lansinoh bags are better, they don't exactly fit this organizer - they are slightly wider than the container. So, when the milk is being put into the organizer, the sides of the bags get squeezed and, ultimately, in my case, have caused tears in the bags.

So, when I go to defrost bags in the fridge, I notice that they always leak. Now I have to put the bags in an additional ziploc bag to defrost them so that I don't lose all of the precious milk.

What I have started doing is putting the freshly pumped milk into the freezer laid flat, and then, once it is frozen, putting it into the organizer on an angle without using the retractable flattening thing in the container. You can't store as much, but I use the lid as an additional tray and I can store more that way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used lanisoh pads box instead!, September 1, 2011
I was hesitant to buy this- took the tips of the other reviewers. I used the box that the lanisoh breast pads come in., they store about 15 lanisoh bags (frozen) perfectly! I just put the label portion on top and sort by date. I put the month outside w a sharpie!!! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, April 22, 2013
The Lansinoh bags do not fit in this container. You have to put them in on an angle and can only fit about 7-10 in there. As long as the bag is sealed, just go to the dollar store and get an ice cube tray or a plastic drawer organizer and use that.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for storage, February 12, 2011
i love this and it works great with lansinoh bags. it makes taking the bags out and warming pretty easy also it does not take up too much space. some told me just to use an ice tray but you would still have to lay the bag flat in the freezer to freeze then later put it in the tray...this does it for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, May 27, 2013
This product helps keep milk organized and neat in the freezer. I use the medela bags with it, and they fit great. This is exactly what I was looking for. It helps flatten the bags without taking up room in other areas of the freezer.....it has never caused a bag to burst or leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Space Saver, December 2, 2009
Christine Bensen (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This caddy fits my Medela pump/store bags perfectly and saves a ton of space in the freezer. The spring action gets the bags nice and flat and uniformly sized. A winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great milk organizer, August 11, 2007
We had been putting my wife's frozen milk bags into chinese food containers....lol. Not the best since they're not an efficient use of freezer space. This is a great option. Kind of an obvious storage idea if you ask me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatly helps in organizing breastmilk, May 4, 2013
I didn't think that I needed something like this until my storage system for breastmilk became a little disorganized. This nicely keeps breastmilk compact and organized according to date. This is one baby item which is well worth the money.

The First Years Breastflow Milk Storage Organizer