Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The First Years Deluxe Fold and Go Diapering Kit, Black/Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 19, 2013
I had an older version of a First Years diapering kit that we loved. We lost that one somewhere and I bought this to replace it. It's pretty, and compact, but it's just too small. It only holds two size-4 diapers, and I have to struggle to fit those in the pockets. The wipe case is fine, but I'd really rather be able to fit a small package of wipes in the bag, rather than having to fill the little plastic box with them all the time. The changing pad is small too. Overall, not really useful for any baby older than 6-8 months, I think.

Edit: We went with the Skip Hop changing pad, and it's much better for fitting things into. Still not as good as the original First Years kit that I lost, but much more usable than this one.
on May 15, 2012
I was looking for a second diaper kit that would mostly be used in my gym bag and in the hiking baby backpack. This seemed perfect but in reality once you fill it it doesn't fold up nice and neatly like in the picture, in fact the velcro closure hardly reaches. Maybe if you were only bringing one diaper... Our SkipHop Diaper Kit is far superior in terms of design. It has all the same parts including the wipe case but once you fill it the kit still closes! And I can fit 6 size 0-3 diapers and probably 3-4 diapers in size 4 or larger. I wasn't real excited about spending 2x as much on a second SkipHop kit but I think it will be worth it.
on December 20, 2012
I bought this to replace the bad changing pad included in my diaper bag. I won't disclose the name or brand of that diaper bag because that's not what this product review is for. This product review is for the First Years Deluxe Fold and Go Diapering Kit.

They call it a kit but it's really just a foldout changing pad. There's a small zippered pocket with a place for those wet wipes but no one buys it for the zippered pocket. We bought it for the pad.

It folds nice and is a great color for The Boy. The only issue is that the day after we used it for the first time we went to a thrift store and found the same product for half the price. It was used, but by that time so was the one we had just purchased so we could have saved a couple bucks.

But that's not the product's fault, that was just a digression.
on December 7, 2013
I purchased this when I had my second baby. I previously had a Skip Hop diaper clutch, which was also nice but I like this one better because it's a vinyl/plastic material that is much easier to clean than the Skip Hop fabric clutch.

This diaper clutch can surprisingly hold more than you'd probably assume. I am able to fit a travel size diaper rash cream and about 15 diaper disposal bags in the outside zipper. I took the hard plastic wipes case out and stuck in wipes in a seal-tight ziploc bag and I can hold about 1to 2 Size 3 diapers in the mesh pocket along with the wipes. I can stick another 3 diapers or so in the other mesh pocket. Although, when I load it up with the ziploc of wipes plus a total of 5 diapers, it does get a little bulky. It folds much more neatly with about 3 diapers total.

The actual mat itself is nicely padded and quite large. My 5.5 month old son is about 28 inches long and it works just fine for a baby of his size. I like that it's made of plastic rather than fabric because it's much easier to clean up messes. And it's also quite soft, not a hard uncomfortable plastic as you'd imagine.

The carrying strap isn't of much use though. It's too small to actually be useful.

I think this diaper clutch is perfect for short to medium-length trips out with the baby- it holds just enough to let you get through 4-5 diaper changes.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2012
I bought one of these at a dept store because we'd arrived at a restaurant and realized we'd forgotten the baby bag. (It cost me dearly - Amazon's prices are much cheaper!) Now it lives in my car, stocked and waiting.

Trust me... you'll forget your baby bag eventually. It's cheap and easy to stash a spare in the car. Plus, it could save evening or errands from being ruined.

This is a great baby shower gift!
on August 15, 2014
We needed an extra changing pad for around the house, so I tried to find something cheap. This pad works fine, but there are definitely a lot of better options out there.

There is a definitely plastic smell to this pad, first off. Not a fan on that. It's also very small. Works fine for a newborn, but past that it won't work so well. If you put anything inside the pad (like diapers or wipes), it isn't the easiest to fold up either.

It gets the job done and the surface is water resistant as it should be... It's just definitely the barebones of a changing pad. We use it as a last resort.
on July 5, 2012
Initially I did not think I would get a lot of use out of this. Boy, was I wrong! It seemed like every time I went into a restaurant/store/church/party without our large diaper bag in tow, that was the time I ended up needing it. So this was the perfect solution. I keep it in the car at all times and just grab it and use the velcro strap to hook onto my purse or the baby carrier or toss in the stroller. So convenient! I like that the changing pad is a generous size, and because it has the folding flaps along the side (not just a straight rectangular shape) it's nice to keep baby contained and prevent them from touching yucky things around them. The color is cute too, I opted for the black/green as it is very neutral for future babies.
I ended up liking it so much, I purchased a 2nd one for the babysitter to keep at her house for times when they have to make a quick errand, etc. It's a lot easier than lugging around a diaper bag.
Overall, I think it's a great item, and the price is certainly right! If you are a parent who finds yourself on the go and not wanting to have to carry an extra item (since a purse and a heavy baby & carrier aren't enough already!), this is perfect for you!
on January 28, 2014
I like this bag. I never had another one, so I cannot compare, but it does the job for me. I use cloth diapers. Forget putting any cloth diapers in it. It is just too small for that. However, I can fit in about 2-3 disposables and wipes. Also, I carry a diaper rash cream in the outside pocket. My 2 year old son fits on this mat with no problem. Over all, I am satisfied with my purchase. I just wish the velcro closure was wider, because when you overstuff the bag you cannot close it well.
on June 10, 2014
This changing pad is great to throw in a diaper bag. I have the black and green version and it is very cute. It is a good size and folds up. easily ( I can do it with one hand while holding a baby). The wipes holder is pretty small but I keep a separate package in the diaper bag so haven't used it yet. The pad is easy to wipe down and the baby likes laying on it.
on March 16, 2014
This is very handy! Sometime I don't want to take a huge diaper bag for a short trip, so I just take this. I also have this in every car and in several places in the house. I don't want to have to go upstairs or leave a room to go to the changing table. I can change her on the sofa, or the bench, or the bed. Comes in handy! But wish it was a little bigger/longer. My baby is only about 24" tall and this is getting short.