The First Years Jet Stroller, City Chic (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
There is a newer version of this item:
- Durable Frame Rated for Use 6 months to 50 pounds
- Taller handles and multi position recline
- 5 point harness for a safer ride
- Large parent console and lower storage basket
- Easy one hand fold and weighs only 11 pounds
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. I'm 5'9" and Dad is 6'7" - I have had no issues with kicking the wheels. My back doesn't hurt from hunching after a walk. Dad has some issues but in reality, normal people just aren't that tall (haha.).
2. While it's a simplistic design for reclining, the seat DOES recline. It doesn't recline too much but enough to make a comfortable position for the head while the child takes a nap.
3. It has a basket!
4. The assembly was INCREDIBLY simple.
5. The handles are made of foam, which is not only comfortable but doesn't get slippery when your hands sweat.
6. It holds up to 50lbs! This is awesome for people who want to make a purchase that will last.
7. A FIVE POINT HARNESS - you can not go wrong with this, your child can't lean forward and topple out.
8. It's STURDY, there are absolutely no flimsy parts. The material is thick and high quality.
9. When the umbrella is folded up, it doesn't fall down, no matter how rugged the ride gets.
10. It holds it's own on paved roads with sand (imagine a sidewalk that goes to the beach and has sand on it, it doesn't jam the wheels...just don't take it on full sand), it rolls great on gravel.
11. The mom pouch is awesome! It really was a big bonus!Read more ›
After a ton of online research and several hours in 3 big box baby stores testing strollers with the help of my 4-year-old, I settled on the Jet. At the risk of repeating the existing reviews, I'll try to summarize my findings in case they can be helpful:
Jet: Good height and maneuverability. Love that it comes with a parent organizer. Compact fold and light weight. The seat back stopped short of my daughter's head but she said it was comfy anyway and showed me that she could rest by leaning her head to the side. Not a huge issue for me as my 1-year-old will be the primary occupant and he very seldom naps in strollers. As others have said, the canopy is a joke but it sounds like many have had success with the inexpensive Summer Infant canopy extender so I'll likely give that a try. Fold locking mechanism is stiff and annoying, and the basket is definitely not easy to access but I can live with those minor inconveniences. I am a little concerned about durability based on the reviews, but at this price, that's a chance I am willing to take.
C6: By far the most comfortable and substantial seat with nice padding on the straps, and love that it comes with a carrying bag, but compared to the Jet, it felt flimsy. Way too much flex in the frame when pushing my 4-year-old.Read more ›
I looked all over for dimensions of the stroller, and finally emailed The First Years for them. Here's what they responded:
Seat width: 11"
Seat back height: 17"
Seat pan length: 9"
Folded dimensions: Height: 48", Width: 12", Depth: 11"
The The First Years Ignite Stroller, Red Stripe seat is 3 inches wider and 1 inch taller, and the Ignite weighs 3 pounds more than the Jet. Folded, the Ignite is 44", 4 inches shorter. However, the Ignite also sets 40" as its maximum child height. I plan to just ignore this, since I haven't seen any other reasonably priced strollers with a higher height limit.
The longest stroller bag I could find was 44 inches long and it got mediocre ratings. If you want a bag for checking this stroller, try a golf travel bag, which will probably be sturdier too.
I've ordered a Jet (before I got the dimensions), but I haven't tried it yet.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good simple umbrella stroller when you don't want to bring your big strollerPublished 13 days ago by Melissa
I got this because I'm 5'11" and my husband is 6'2" and the reviews said this was better for taller people. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amy P.
Three years later, this stroller is a workhorse and has been one of my favorite items.
I never write reviews and I don't even really have time to this one, but because I... Read more
LOVE!! After 8 months, the foam around the handle started to rip, but we just duct taped it!! LOVE THIS STROLLER!!Published 2 months ago by I<3ME
Meh...for a cheap umbrella stroller I guess it's ok but my husband hates it. It's hard to steer because the wheels don't swivel. Read morePublished 2 months ago by jill