Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The First Years Disney Pixar Cars Soft Potty Seat, Colors May Vary (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 11, 2010
This is a very cute seat... it was easily assembled and worked as we had hoped, potty training progressed. The guard made it a little difficult for my son to get onto the seat himself, but the handles are genius! My biggest problem w/this seat, is that because the cushion fits into the seat base and the guard fits into the base & it all clicks together... unfortunately this leads to urine getting where you don't expect it to and before you know it... you're sniffing around your bathroom like a bloodhound. And we wiped this down pretty much every time it was used... but to have to unassemble it and wash each component after each use... is a bit much to have to do. It's really disgusting actually.
33 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2008
I LOVE THIS SEAT!!! my little boy is 2 and is37 inches tall and 36 lbs and many potty seats were too small and uncomfortable for him.This one is cushy,big,but not too big and has a high enough splash guard to thwart the squirts!!Highly recommended!
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2009
I got this seat because of the height of the shield for my son. The other potty seats I found had such a flat shield that it may as well not have been there. This one works perfectly! It fits the toilet well and doesn't slide around (even when he turns half sideways so he can flush) and easily stores behind the toilet against the wall when we aren't using it. I would recommend it to anyone that is potty training a boy!
on March 24, 2011
This was a great seat! It had the raised cup so my son could do his business without making a mess on those cold days (lol!) and it had LIGHTNING MCQUEEN on it! What's not to love, right?

Well, 60 days into it and our bathroom smelled very funny. I thought, Hmm did I miss an overflow or something one day? No, top to bottom the bathroom was scrubbed. Finally I narrowed it down to one item - this toilet seat!

Now I know what you're thinking, "Why don't you stop being such a dirt monkey and wipe the seat when he's finished?".
That's what I thought when I read the other reviews about this seat. Wow, those people probably live in a pit and never clean their stuff!

Let me tell you now that is NOT the problem here. We wipe his seat down of every last drop, from cup to toilet rim. Every time. So, you might ask, why does it stink?

The problem is the MATERIAL that is used for this seat! It's Disney so I thought it couldn't be made from crap but I'll be darned if it isn't! It's made from (the seat cushion) a corrugated bottom plastic with a seam that runs the entire outside of the seat. What it's doing is soaking up pee under the seat between the plastic base and the cushion. This gets wiped off, but the little tiny creases fill and sit, and sit, and sit until your entire bathroom smells like you cater to hobos.

It's really awful.

I've found that soaking it in a bleach solution works for a while. Thank goodness my kiddo is just about to graduate to a full potty so it will have to last till then, but if you're just starting out I recommend you get one of the other cushioned varieties and forgo the CARS theme. It's just a trap to take your dough.

Sigh.
55 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2009
We just bought this potty seat for our 17 month old who is starting to show interest in the "big potty". He fits on it great, and enjoys the "handles". We have found the shield on the front useful, but it does detach as well. The seat has small foam pieces on the bottom that give it a "non skid" surface against your toilet seat. It is easy to remove when not in use.
on March 22, 2010
Great seat especially for boys! The front splash guard keeps things clean and accident free. Just make sure to rinse seat after every use or liquid can get trapped between the cushion and frame.
on April 19, 2011
I had originally written a great review for this potty seat. On first getting it, it seemed brilliant. My son loves it, but that's no surprise, it has Lightning McQueen on it..why wouldn't he love it. I loved it as it caught his pee...but here we are a few months after the initial purchase and it stinks.

I clean the seat dry after every use, however the pee gets in the plastic lining of the seat and as my son has gotten heavier his weight pushes the cushioned piece down and allows some of his pee to go between the cushioned piece and the seat base. This means that you would have to take the seat apart and wash it off after every use. It's just not a practical seat.

I will be looking for a better seat, as this one is unhygienic. It's unfortunate, as it seems to be the only seat that has the higher front piece suitable for little boys.
on November 27, 2011
Despite the negative reviews concerning an odor after a period of time, I ordered this item anyway. I was willing to take the risk since this seemed to be the only seat with an extremely large front guard. Besides for the reasonable price, I figured if it starts smelling, I would just order a new one. I ordered 2 - one for home and one for the daycare. It has been 3 months and I have not had any problems. I wipe the seat with a Lysol wipe several times per week and give it a good cleaning with baking soda, a little bleach and water once a week. The 1 at the daycare is cleaned every weekend. No problem with either seat having a horrible odor. I love it! The guard is perfect. My son was wetting his clothes on the old potty seat with a small guard. This resulted in several clothes changes per day at day care. Once I bought the Disney Pixar seat, problem eliminated! The design that came was also nicer than the one shown in the picture. I love it!
on November 27, 2014
This potty seat is okay. One major disadvantage to is is that pee gets between the foam seat part and the red plastic part. It regularly has to be taken apart and the pee has to be dumped out and the seat sanitized. It gets a horrible odor! The pee shield we got with ours comes off too and harbors odor as well. I wish we had purchased a one piece seat instead. Maybe this is better for girls?
on June 12, 2014
I have two of these seats and my son loves them. I bought a second to keep in the car to have while we are out and about when he has to go. It's super light weight and easy to carry around for this purpose (I have mine in a plastic reusable shopping bag). I also love how it comes apart so you can wash it as needed. And the best feature is the pee guard up front that prevents accidents with bad aim while your little guy is going pee pee. Seat works great for us! It does not come with a potty hook if you want to store hanging under the sink or on the side of your toilet tank, but you can buy the hook separate on here for around two bucks.