Most helpful critical review
9 of 10 people found the following review helpful
on July 3, 2012
I don't write tons of reviews unless I really love or do not like a product. We bought this for our second vehicle because it was on sale on Amazon. I was excited after reading the reviews on it thinking it would be a great seat. When I got it in, from the looks of it before going in the car, I thought I would prefer it over my Britax Marathon. Boy, was I wrong! I am trying to sell it now and going to buy another Britax. A word of advice, just spend the extra money for a Marathon or Boulevard! Let me go through the things that we do not like. This might be a better seat when it is forward facing, but I am keeping my son facing back until the recommended 2 years of age.
1. It does not recline and we have to put a towel underneath in order to get it to go back at all when back facing.
2. The latch that goes into the seat tightens in one side only, not both sides. Each side on my Britax has a locking device. This doesn't seem like a bit deal - it really is.
3. The straps are the same way. They are hooked together so that one side pulls the other side tighter. The Britax is two separate parts.
4. The material on the straps is very scratchy. We live in Louisiana, so my son wears sleeveless things.
5. My son can't sleep without his little head tilting almost forward.
6. He also seems to cry a lot more when he is tired because it is next to impossible for him to go to sleep in it, just not comfortable.
7. There is no or very little padding. You can see the straps and things that should be covered up.
I didn't know these were big deals until I got the seat. If I didn't have a seat to compare it to, I probably wouldn't realize these things as a problem. But, my mom used this seat this weekend without me telling her anything about it and when I picked my son up, she said how much she hated it. Honestly, I am so shocked this seat has such good reviews and needed to come let people know my thoughts on this seat. Very disappointing really. I am glad we purchased this seat when it was on sale for $135. Honestly, I almost wish it wasn't on sale because that is what sold me between that and the Roundabout. We are just going to go ahead and get the Boulevard though.