The First Years Close And Secure Sleeper
- Cotton, Polyester
- Cotton, Polyester
- High Quality
- Comfy co-sleeper is easily portable for on-the-go convenience
- Airflow design allows air to circulate around baby
- Removable nightlight makes it easy for you to check on baby during the night
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper
Mama birds love the Close and Secure Sleeper because it gives baby a soft little 'nest' of his own while keeping him or her close by. You can feed, soothe, monitor and bond throughout the night with the reassurance that your little one is snug, secure and safe-thanks to our Airflow design that allows air to circulate around baby. Designed to be easily portable for on-the-go convenience, you can also use the sleeper in the crib to help ease baby's transition from your bed when he's ready to leave your nest.
Things to Know
- Can be used in the crib to help baby's transition from your bed to the crib.
- Folds for travel and storage.
- Machine washable sheet and cover
- Intended for infants from birth and up.
- Measures 28” x 16” x 5.5”
More Sleep Solutions from The First Years
Crisp and Clear Single Audio Monitor
Crisp and Clear Double Audio Monitor
Sounds for Silence Premium Nursery Sound Machine
Star Light Projector
Top Customer Reviews
My daughter weighed 11+ pounds and was 23.5 inches long when she was born, so while this is a GREAT sleep positioner or portable bassinet (it's soft, secure, portable, etc.), the actual interior length is ONLY 24 inches.
There is also a NON-removeable wedge at the end of the sleeping surface that impedes foot room, if there was some way to remove it I would have done so, if only to get more use out of it and to prevent her from throwing her legs over the sides (which she does in her bassinet as well).
As a result, my 8 week old daughter outgrew this long ago which was a major disappointment since I was hoping to use it for the transition to her crib. This wasn't exactly an inexpensive item either, so unless your baby is MUCH smaller than mine, I would suggest finding a sleep positioner that has an open end so that you can get more use out of it, for a longer period of time.
I don't like that the mesh sides aren't more sturdy. Our daughters legs hang off all the time. In no way does she roll out, it would just have been nice if the sides were better. But overall I like it and feel safer co sleeping with our daughter!
I would drop this to two stars instead of 4. The mesh sides at the bottom did not hold our daughter in. Woke up and she was hanging off the side face first. Have no idea how she did that, but because the bottom mesh siding is so flimsy and doesn't have something to firm it up, she somewhat rolled out. So for safety reasons, I would drop the rating.
Features that we like are:
- this little bed is easily kept in place in our bed by a large flap that tucks under our mattress, but is also easy to move around our condo so we could always keep an eye on our baby in the day
- the mattress cover is removable, machine washable (we added a folded cotton sheet on the mattress for more comfort)
- this is really lightweight and can also be folded up for compact easy storage once baby has outgrown it until needed again, probably for our future second baby (we didn't travel but I'm sure this feature would be very convenient for the cause)
- this sleeper allowed us to be close to our baby when she finally got home after almost two months waiting for her to be discharged from NICU
Features that we wish this sleeper have:
- sleep positioners, each time we put our baby in bed we had to tuck a blanket or pillow on each side to prevent her awakened (I notice that the new version does have this feature The First Years Close and Secure Sleeper)
- mattress slightly inclined
Features that we find not useful (for us):
Our baby has outgrown it at about two months and half old. We loved this sleeper and enjoyed each day our baby slept close to us.
Our daughter can't crawl or roll and is a fairly stationary baby. Yet every morning, she's three-quarters hanging out her sleeper.
Don't buy this cosleeper -- it's the same as not having one.
Would recommend that it is used in a King size bed... it is a little wide to fit in a queen and have mom and dad in the bed. Also, I noticed that mesh sides are pretty floppy and dont hold her in on the bottom, but she likes to wiggle so she doesnt mind. Wish that the light was more effective tho... the blue LED really doesnt do much to help me latch her on an night to feed her.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love it but it is not the same "theme" as the one pictured... The one I received is an almond color with green, pink, purple and yellow stitching.... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Lauren
Sides are way to flimsy even a 2 week old was pushing the sides down. The light is also way to bright to use. Every time you turn the light on it wakes the baby up. We returned it.Published 3 days ago by Candace
This sleeper is perfect for the months 1-3. My baby is in the bed with me, with sleeping up under me. I really like this sleeper. Read morePublished 4 days ago by AvaKelley
My daughter was diagnosed with reflux at one month. We needed a sleeping option that we could have in the bed with us that we could also place at an incline. Read morePublished 6 days ago by lkerschen
Just what I was needing. A small little space for my little one to sleep that was stiff enough to not be bothered by the dip in my bed created by his big father.Published 7 days ago by Erika Gaytan
We used this little cosleeper in the beginning with our newborn until he was about 2 months old. He eventually outgrew it lengthwise, but the peace of mind of having him close... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Maddie Glass
Amazing deal. This is the perfect co sleeper. The light is not too bright but allows you to see your child just enough without it being a distraction. Read morePublished 12 days ago by JENCARPENTER33