on September 4, 2013
Before I go on to pros and cons, I researched umbrella strollers before I bought this. I had already decided I needed something with a storage bin, tall handles and a harness, so anything else was just a bonus. This was physically and financially compared in person, and online to several other brands. I have had this stroller for two months, we have gone to farmers markets, the beach, malls, we live on a road that does not have paved side walks, and other little travels.

Pros:
1. I'm 5'9" and Dad is 6'7" - I have had no issues with kicking the wheels. My back doesn't hurt from hunching after a walk. Dad has some issues but in reality, normal people just aren't that tall (haha.).
2. While it's a simplistic design for reclining, the seat DOES recline. It doesn't recline too much but enough to make a comfortable position for the head while the child takes a nap.
3. It has a basket!
4. The assembly was INCREDIBLY simple.
5. The handles are made of foam, which is not only comfortable but doesn't get slippery when your hands sweat.
6. It holds up to 50lbs! This is awesome for people who want to make a purchase that will last.
7. A FIVE POINT HARNESS - you can not go wrong with this, your child can't lean forward and topple out.
8. It's STURDY, there are absolutely no flimsy parts. The material is thick and high quality.
9. When the umbrella is folded up, it doesn't fall down, no matter how rugged the ride gets.
10. It holds it's own on paved roads with sand (imagine a sidewalk that goes to the beach and has sand on it, it doesn't jam the wheels...just don't take it on full sand), it rolls great on gravel.
11. The mom pouch is awesome! It really was a big bonus! I keep my coffee mug, a bottle, car keys, my wallet an a bag of snacks for him in it.
12. I have a small car and this does not take up much room in the trunk!

Cons:
1. The basket is not easily accessed. There is NO WAY you can fit a full sized diaper bag in it. You can throw a sweater in there and diaper changing materials but that is about it.

That is about it :) I posted some pictures also, so you can see what I am referring to with the basket, the mom pouch and the harness.
review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 5, 2013
I just bought the Jet for my 4 year old son for an upcoming trip. Since he is an older child I was looking for an inexpensive smaller type stroller. The regular umbrella strollers are too short and cumbersome though. For the money the Jet is a fantastic umbrella stroller. The negative reviews are forgotting the fact that this is an umbrella stroller. For only about 20$ more than a cheap no frills one, you get a basket, sunshade, parent,compartments and most importantly taller handles. I would recommend this stroller for 9 months to 3 years. If you need something for a larger child I would get the Ignite. It has same features but even better and bigger seat with a true recline. I ended up returning the Jet for the Ignite only because of my older bigger child.
review image review image
on December 4, 2012
Unfortunately, it is a simple umbrella stroller that you can purchase for $15. I purchased it for the recline feature and a one inch drop should not be listed as a recline feature!
on June 2, 2013
We wanted a very light second stroller for the car, 11 lbs or under. I folded and lifted many strollers between 10 and 16 lbs and those few extra pounds really make a difference when you have a chunky toddler on your hip. I strongly considered a $20 Kolcraft umbrella stroller (only 7 lbs!) but then decided that I really wanted a sun canopy and a basket (even if small) and wanted our 36-lb 4-old year old to be able to use it in a pinch.

After a ton of online research and several hours in 3 big box baby stores testing strollers with the help of my 4-year-old, I settled on the Jet. At the risk of repeating the existing reviews, I'll try to summarize my findings in case they can be helpful:

Jet: Good height and maneuverability. Love that it comes with a parent organizer. Compact fold and light weight. The seat back stopped short of my daughter's head but she said it was comfy anyway and showed me that she could rest by leaning her head to the side. Not a huge issue for me as my 1-year-old will be the primary occupant and he very seldom naps in strollers. As others have said, the canopy is a joke but it sounds like many have had success with the inexpensive Summer Infant canopy extender so I'll likely give that a try. Fold locking mechanism is stiff and annoying, and the basket is definitely not easy to access but I can live with those minor inconveniences. I am a little concerned about durability based on the reviews, but at this price, that's a chance I am willing to take.

C6: By far the most comfortable and substantial seat with nice padding on the straps, and love that it comes with a carrying bag, but compared to the Jet, it felt flimsy. Way too much flex in the frame when pushing my 4-year-old. (I would note that the one I tested at Burlington Coat Factory must have been an older model because the crotch strap was at the edge of the seat, not the middle as many have noted with newer models. The harness fit her very comfortably. I also looked at the current model with the crotch strap fixed in the middle of the seat and it appears that it would be nearly impossible to squeeze a larger baby/toddler in).

Volo: Clearly a superior product in every way. What sets the Volo apart from the others I tested: quality fabric, removable/washable seat, better canopy, step on/step off linked brakes, much easier to operate the fold locking feature, better basket access, attached carrying strap. Lightest of the bunch--8.8 lbs, they say. Note, though, that the Volo seat is exactly the same height as the Jet's. The Volo was also by far the tippiest of the strollers I tried. As in, you lay a finger on the handle of the empty stroller and the thing starts to tip back. I think this is because the handles are angled back further which decreases your chance of kicking the wheels--so it's a trade off. If I were going to be using my lightweight stroller frequently and taking it on/off public transportation, I'd definitely go with the Volo or, finances permitting, an Uppababy G-Lite.

BRU Deluxe Umbrella: seems to fit in this class of strollers, although it's a little heavier at about 13 lbs. It had some nice features like a pretty good canopy and nice padding on the harness, but the seat back seemed flimsy and to offer very little support. Like the Jet, the "recline" is only a inch or two. Handles were shorter than the Jet/Volo. The folding release levers are at hand level, right beneath the handles. Not sure whether that's good or bad, just different from the others.

Happy strolling!
on September 22, 2010
I received the stroller in the mail and put the wheels on, Super EASY it only took about 2 minutes. The sun shade is a little small and the basket is hard to get to because of the bars on the back but the stroller folds up small and easy, the handles are high and PERFECT for taller people. My husband is 6'2" and can push it with ease and I'm 5'4" and I also can push it with ease.

PROS
Taller Handles
The build (nothing like cheap umbrella strollers)
Ease of putting together
Small folded down size
5 Point Harness
50 pound capacity
BREAKS on the back wheels (so many small strollers don't have them)

Cons
The basket is hard to get into
The cup holders are made of fabric which makes things somewhat harder BUT ATLEAST it has cup holders!!
Smaller Sun Shade (but come on its an umbrella stroller)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 2, 2013
This stroller has now 3 times collapsed with my son inside it. The first two times I thought it was my fault - that I maybe did not push the metal open all of the way when unfolding it. WRONG. We hit a bump on the sidewalk and it completely folded with my son in the seat.
on March 30, 2011
My three year old is very tall, and I wanted a stroller to get in & out of Disneyworld w/ him. This one claims it will really fit your kids until they're 50 pounds. However, on the cover of the instructions, it says it's only meant for kids up to 40 inches tall, and the average American boy only weighs about 37 pounds at 40 inches tall. ([...])

I looked all over for dimensions of the stroller, and finally emailed The First Years for them. Here's what they responded:

Seat width: 11"
Seat back height: 17"
Seat pan length: 9"

Folded dimensions: Height: 48", Width: 12", Depth: 11"

The The First Years Ignite Stroller, Red Stripe seat is 3 inches wider and 1 inch taller, and the Ignite weighs 3 pounds more than the Jet. Folded, the Ignite is 44", 4 inches shorter. However, the Ignite also sets 40" as its maximum child height. I plan to just ignore this, since I haven't seen any other reasonably priced strollers with a higher height limit.

The longest stroller bag I could find was 44 inches long and it got mediocre ratings. If you want a bag for checking this stroller, try a golf travel bag, which will probably be sturdier too.

I've ordered a Jet (before I got the dimensions), but I haven't tried it yet.
on July 23, 2010
I ordered this stroller because it sounded perfect. The right price, the right color, the right size and weight... It had some bad reviews of the wheels and the seatback height but since there were so many positive reviews as well, we decided to try it. It was exactly what we were looking for and we didn't want to spend a lot of money on our second stroller.

The wheels didn't turn and the seatback was too short. My daughter is a slightly taller than average 18 month old and we felt that she was already getting to tall for it. We didn't think it would last long and were unhappy with the wheels so we are sending it back.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 12, 2011
I bought this stroller because I travel to visit my parents a lot! I fly with my daughter about every 3 months. I don't bring a car seat or my large stroller because they have all that there. She's 6 months old now and wearing in the front pack was just getting to be to much. This stroller is perfect! It's very light weight, easy to unfold, has the straps that go over her shoulders (which is great because she's not very good at sitting up yet) I love the parent organizer in between the handles and the storage basket. The Handle height is nice too, it's a little tall than standard umbrella strollers so it's more comfortable for my husband who is 6 foot to push. I been using it more than my travel system stroller just because it's so much easier to carrier around.
on July 17, 2010
I read most of the reviews posted and decided it was worth buying this for our trip to Hyannis in Cape Cod Mass. We live in Montreal Canada. The item was shipped to my US address in NY State just 45 minutes from where I live. I picked it up, came back and assembled it within 10 minutes. Then we packed it away and left on our trip. We used this everywhere for our 2 year old and loved it! Great height, lightweight and extremely stable. No wheel wobbles, just a rock solid stroller that both my wife and I would recommend. We purchased the black model on sale here at Amazon and even if we purchased it at full price it would be worth it.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations