Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on May 7, 2012
After surviving 63 years I have reached a point were my primary problem is my fitness. I had almost given up being able to see my feet. I purchased Sharon's other two books: "The Hard Body System and The 60 Second System" Even though I have only been implementing the ideas from these two books for a few weeks I have seen some pretty amazing results. So, when I saw this new book come on the market I grabbed it up. It is the perfect companion to the other books. I now have some real hope of seeing myself get back into shape. I have several friends that have spent hours, days, weeks in the gym trying to get a flat belly. After reading this book, I now know what they were doing wrong. I can't wait to tell them about this book.

Like Sharon's other books everything is kept simple but effective. This one starts out with a discussion about your posture and how much it effects how you look and how you carry your belly. It moves on to some rather unique exercises. It covers what part your diet will play in the overall plan. It introduces you to Interval Training and much more.

You don't need the first two books to make this work. I look forward to adding some additional things to my current weight loss and shape transformation plan. I will come back in a few weeks to update my review with the results. I highly recommend this author. She really has hit on something special and I expect we will be hearing a lot more about her techniques in the future.
0Comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I had already bought one of Sharon Moore's other books on getting a flat tummy so I didn't know if I would need this one. But curiosity won me over and I got this one as well and I am so glad I did. Not taking anything away from the other book (which I also reviewed) this one is really thorough. It not only explains the "how" someone should do these activities but the "why" as well. For me the "why" is really important so I felt this book offered a lot of value by covering those points. For example I didn't even know I had a transverse abdominus - did you? And because I didn't know I had one I was hardly likely to exercise it unless it happened as a sheer fluke. But once I knew what it was and what it did I could then see the point in doing the simple activities to help strengthen that area.

I think overall that is what I like about Sharon Moore's books and this one in particular. The activities you are encouraged to do make sense, they are easy and quick to do and they honestly can be fitted in anytime in your day. Three of these activities you could do in a toilet stall without arousing any curiosity about what you were doing - I should know, I tried it out :) Because I am a "big" person I often get intimidated by the other workouts that so many fitness guru's expect you to conform to. I can do all of the activities in this book in about ten minutes and I don't feel like I am a failure when I am doing them, because I can do them. The first thing Sharon Moore advises you to do takes seconds and really does make a difference.

So no matter how big you are, or how you got into that condition do yourself a huge favor and get this book. It is excellent value for money and I can guarantee you that you will see results in a week to ten days - visible results that will make you feel like a million dollars. Highly recommended :)

Lisa Oliver
Author 30 Ways to Lower Your Cholesterol Naturally
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2012
This book is short but packed with great information. I am about 30 lbs overweight and carry a lot of it around my middle. I haven't lost ant weight but I already feel slimmer. After 2 children my core was very weak. The exercises here are already helping with that. I am so glad I bought this book! Now I need to convince my husband to do the exercises with me.
on May 8, 2012
This is the second book I've read by the author and like the first I feel like I learned a ton. Since losing a lot of weight myself, I've become somewhat obsessed with strength and toning my body. This book addresses the issue that a lot of people have with excess around the middle and the desire to get the flatter stomach. I was very pleasantly surprised that the book is not just about doing typical sit-ups and other ab work that one might be used to seeing.

The book talks a lot about the importance of posture and this really surprised me actually. There are a lot of specific exercises and tips that can help you with this one area that is so important for the flat belly that you are wanting to achieve.

What I especially like about this book and the author's other book is the simplicity and ease of the workouts. They are very quick, easy and can be done anywhere which is a real bonus if you are someone who is trying to fit your exercise routine into an already busy schedule. I highly recommend this book as well as any books by this author. Can't wait for the next one!
on May 20, 2012
I struggle constantly with a protruding stomach. I am a small person and I work out regularly, so this really bugs me! After reading a little ways into this book I realized that I have anterior pelvic tilt. That not only explains my protruding stomach, but also explains why I have frequent lower back pain. I have already started on the exercises and am much more focused on maintaining good posture. So far, so good! I'm so glad I downloaded this one!!!
on May 10, 2012
This book was so helpful for me. I started exercising again a few months ago and still can't get rid of my belly completely. I'd almost decided that it is here to stay. Sharon's book helped me have a bit of hope that maybe I can say goodbye to that belly of mine!

I had no idea that there are some foods I should avoid and this book covers that. This is an easy adjustment to make.

I need very direct and easy instruction since I'm not someone who is a work out nut. I don't love it and I really only do it for my health and my waistline. This book did exactly what I needed. It gave me tons of information and so many options to incorporate the methods into my normal routine.

I also bought Sharon's first book in the series, "The Hard Body System", and this is a wonderful complement to that book. I'm looking forward to Sharon's next book to see what else I can add to my exercise routine. I may start enjoying my work out now!
on May 13, 2012
I thought I knew all about ab exercises: crunches, reverse crunches, oblique crunches, leg lifts, etc., etc., etc. I knew I hated doing them, they made my torso ache the next day, and they never seemed enough to get the results I wanted. Then I spot this "misconception" in the Flat Belly Fix: Mistaking Ab Training for Flat Belly Training. Hold on! What was that again! I raced through the book and it made total sense. Now I have new hope for the flat belly I really want and have yet to achieve despite successful dieting and serious exercising. Hooray!
on May 9, 2012
From the very beginning, this book gives a wonderful tip that I've not read anywhere else but is totally true. Your posture has an awful lot to do with how your belly sticks out and we need to be making more of an effort with our postures. Unfortunately, I know that this is not something that comes automatically, but you have to consciously work on it.

Often people look that they have a much bigger belly than is actually the case! This is all because of their posture! You should correct that as a matter of priority otherwise it doesn't matter how many exercises you do on your abs. This book makes a big point on that and goes into detail on corrective posture techniques, something I wasn't expecting when I bought the book, so I was very happy with that.

The book contains great information on diet, what to eat more of and what to cut out.

The author has written other books on this subject and after reading this, I would be more than happy to take a look at the others.

I would recommend this book to people who want to look better and are wanting a good place to start.
on April 14, 2014
I have tried so many diets, but at the most I got very few results. I used to work out for up to an hour a day. Then I read that if you feel tired after a workout, it's because you've dehydrated your muscles, which is not good. I quit my daily routine after reading that. There was no sense in overstressing my muscles when all I was doing was hurting myself in the long run. I knew I needed something, though. I just wasn't sure what it was. Then I found this book. The exercises are so easy that anybody can do them, and Ms. Moore is very encouraging. Although I've only been doing these exercises for a week, I can already feel the effects. I like Ms. Moore's comparison of your gut to a bowl. To me, that was an effective comparison, and I knew right away that she knew what she was talking about. Ms. Moore's guidelines are very easy to understand. I especially like the exercises that you can do anywhere -- even while standing in line at the grocery store!
on June 21, 2012
Wow! This book is full of information about abs and getting a flat belly that I've never heard of, and I've read up a lot on fitness and exercise, etc. The author goes over a bunch of misconceptions about getting a flat belly, and gives a step by step process to achieving your goal. Also, I really liked how she went into a lot of detail for the exercises, and explained exactly how to do them. I will definitely be implementing these methods and exercises into my own routine.