5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to get started!
Published on December 22, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Alex
Good book but i would i have liked to see more depth and a variety of analysis on the X's and O's.
Published on March 15, 2011 by Al B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to get started!, December 22, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Football Coaching Bible (The Coaching Bible Series) (Paperback)
I just finished my first year of coaching high school football and I wanted to read as much as I could before next season started. I found the bible. This book has everything you need if you want to be a coach at any level. Personally it was a great starting point to building my own philosophy on coaching and really made me look at all that goes into being called "coach". I recommend this book to anyone, whether it's your first or thirtieth year on the job, that wants to hear from the greats about the game. A fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Book, June 15, 2005
RogerT "RogT" (San Clemente, CA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book quite a bit. My boy finished football season a while ago and I decided to get more involved for this upcoming season by coaching. The details and strageties were solid and very applicable. For someone like me that had an athletic backgroud but no coaching experience, I found the information quite useful.

I would call this a "cookbook" for new coaches. Something anyone can follow.

I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read for the Beginning or Experienced Coach, February 10, 2008
The Football Coaching Bible brings together a collection of articles and speeches by successful coaches from all levels. Whether you are looking for guidance on how to teach leadership, how to build (or re-build) a program from the ground up, or some talk on X's and O's, this book has it covered. Bill Snyder's chapter is particularly great, and has helped me to apply focus to my life in areas other than coaching. His story at K State is amazing.

This book does help a bit with basic nomenclature for brand new coaches. However it mostly assumes a basic understanding of certain things. The beginning coach may have to do some digging to find out exactly what some of the terms mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter, November 19, 2008
A. Gaige (United States) - See all my reviews
I'm probably like most who pick up this book in that I was looking into coaching for fun. My sons are going out for football and the team needs a coaching assistance. I thought maybe it was for me and I wanted to get more information. This is a good general reference but it it is important to point out each chapter is written by a different coach. This can be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. For me I liked the different perspectives but the book as a whole wasn't as cohesive as it could have been. Good for begining coaches I think as well as coaches with some experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars True to it's title, June 21, 2011
Coaching is much more than x vs o. This is the book every new coach should begin with. "Nuff Said."

3.0 out of 5 stars Alex, March 15, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could only buy one football coaching book, this would be it, December 10, 2010
David (Chino Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
This book doesn't have the greatest Xs and Os. It doesn't plan workouts or practice schedules. But it prepares you to coach like no other book I've read before...or since.

This book talks about why people coach. It takes a philosophical approach, and I think it's especially helpful for new coaches (like I was when I first read it) to prepare for all the things that you may not necessarily be prepared for, for things that you may not even know you SHOULD be prepared for.

I've read a few coaching books in the last few years, both for strategy and philosophy. This is the only football coaching book I didn't get tired of reading. I would recommend this to any coach, aspiring or veteran, to keep close to them at all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Numerous respectible Coaches offer input and strategies., November 12, 2009
A great read for assistants or head coaches. Offers an awesome foundation for any coach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Reference Book, October 22, 2009
This is a solid text covering various topics on football. This is a book that every football coach should pick up. I like the idea of being taught basic concepts by some of the best coaches at the college level.

2.0 out of 5 stars maybe its better if you are a highschool coach, October 6, 2013
I was hoping for something that would help a first time coach in pop warner organize practice for 1st year tackle youth players. This is much more around administering a complete program.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Football Coaching Bible (The Coaching Bible Series)
The Football Coaching Bible (The Coaching Bible Series) by American Football Coaches Association (Paperback - August 15, 2002)
$24.95 $17.87