Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Forgiving Hour
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 2, 1999
This book was such an easy, can't put down read. I loved how the story is told from more than one perspective. This is the first book I have read by Robin Lee Hatcher, it won't be the last. It was a great example of what Christ can do in our lives if we let Him. I rank this book up there with Francine Rivers' "The Atonement Child".
on July 4, 1999
Twelve years ago, Claire Porter thought her entire life was over when she learned that her husband Dave was having an affair with a college student. Following their divorce, Claire started over by changing back to her maiden name of Conway. Claire now feels pretty good about her accomplishments though she remains bitter towards Dave. She has raised a wonderful son Dakota, enjoys her work, and finally even has a significant other. When twenty-four years old Dakota informs her that he is engaged to marry the woman he loves, Claire realizes that he is six years older than she was when she married. However, she worries about how easy a relationship can disintegrate. Still, she looks forward to meeting Dakota's fiancee even as she wonders if thirty-one years old Sara Jennings is too old for her "little" six foot plus boy.
When Dakota introduces Claire to Sara, all hell breaks loose. Sara turns out to be the other woman who destroyed Claire's marriage. Dave deceived Sara into thinking he was single. She ended their relationship when she learned he was married. However, that appears to have been too late as Claire and Sara yank on the affection of Dakota.
Award winning historical romance writer Robin Lee Hatcher successfully switches forums to provide readers with a spectacular contemporary romance. The inspirational story line centers on how a loving relationship allows individuals to forgive mistakes. The motives of the lead triangle seem genuine and constantly pull at the soul of the audience. Readers will feel emotionally exhausted yet fulfilled by the spectacular relationship drama, THE FORGIVING HOUR, that will hatch a whole new batch of fans for this talented writer.

Harriet Klausner
on May 8, 2016
Difficult to imagine the scenario in this story. Your worst nightmare !when Claire realizes her husband of 8 years has been cheating on her, that was bad enough but when he left her for a younger woman that was unthinkable. Then later when her son Dakota , brings his fiancé Sara -home, they realize Sara was the other woman that had had the affair with Dakotas father. Could anything be worse? Forgiving her!! The hardest thing you'll ever have to do. Great writing
on May 13, 2016
I liked the book, and the subject. It is very strongly religious, if anyone doesn't like a preachy book, then steer clear. The characters were strong and real, I love the way that she brought it all about in the end. The ending was good and satisfying.
on October 30, 2012
I chose this book because of the subject of forgiveness but I had no idea of how raw and emotional this book would be for me. Ms. Hatcher totally reaches in and pulls out every mean thought and hatred that we have held against someone or have been a recipient of and with gentleness and candor teaches all of us a very valuable lesson. I loved it.

None of us can live absolutely be free of these thoughts and actions especially when anger and bitterness have been our closest friends for years. What we can pull from this though are the tools to rid us of them with God's help and prayer. I would urge you to read this book and put yourself into the lives of these characters, especially Claire. I did and although I knew how it would end the lessons I learned along the way are well worth it.

Bravo, Ms. Hatcher-I look forward to reading more.
on May 25, 2016
Oh wow. What a beautiful, thought provoking story of redemption and forgiveness for all of us. I love how scripture and the voice of the Holy Spirit was woven magically through this story. If I could this story would get a higher rating than 5 stars. Excellent pacing, well written. Robin Lee Hatcher outdid herself.
on May 25, 2016
Powerful and moving! I loved the characters! The story was engrossing and beautiful. I have experienced the joy that comes from letting go if the past and forgiving and this book describes it so beautifully!
on June 25, 2016
Robin Lee Hatcher deals with the difficult situation of adultery when the spouse is not sorry. The offended wife has to deal with desertion and raising her son with no child support and living with the deep hatred she feels for her ex-husband. The book is an excellent unfolding of God's timing and His healing love.
on March 31, 2016
I've read this book twice. Such a very strong, moving story of love and forgiveness. It is amazing how one person can potentially destroy the lives of three others. His wife, his son and his mistress (My heart broke for her when she realized his lies.)

I am in awe of the heroine in this book. She was strong, a dedicated mother who was able to forgive and love unconditionally. It was a very moving ending-I admit I wasn't ready for it to end.
on October 2, 2000
When I realized early on what the theme of the story line would be--a young man falling in love with his father's former lover--I thought, "This is not going to work! I'm not going to like this!" But, the author works through this tragic story and makes it finally believable and doable. Every word of every chapter is needed to make the story complete and realize all the stages of love and forgiveness in the face of cruel betrayal.