Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2012 8:18:55 AM PST
A. Miller says:
Just curious, after you read the book how have you applied the four agreements in your life?

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 3:58:05 PM PDT
SGerman says:
Yeah I have and I finally have started to win the war against the judge in my head. I'm only 17, but I discovered this constant, fear-spitting voice in my head and declared war on it about 16 months ago. Still a warrior, I am almost a master now and I can say my life is totally more fulfilling adhering to the four agreements. I AM CONSTANTLY HAPPY. A question to you: do you agree when Miguel says that to stop thinking is a good option? I mean, yes that would end all conversation from the judge, but I still like to think, to plan and to analyze in school (I have to grasp the material). What are your thoughts?

Sterling German

Posted on Mar 24, 2013 12:03:22 PM PDT
SGerman: wow, this is really lovely to read. The Four Agreements is my favourite book in the world, although I have trouble putting its principles into practice. Would love to hear more about your story and how you have managed to incorporate the agreements into your life. As for no longer thinking, I believe there are two very different thought processes. The first judges, criticises and gives us a hard time constantly. It is this judging mind that is quietened with meditation and applying the principles. I think there is a logical thought process that helps us plan and analyse, which is more necessary than the judge. Would love to know more about how you managed to rid yourself of the judge/ ego, as this, I believe, would make life so so much easier. Thank you again for sharing your story.

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 5:58:05 PM PDT
SGerman says:
Hi Jessica

I hope all is lovely for you right now. And I agree with your explanation on the role of thinking

Now to my story (the concise version)

I first read The Fifth Agreement by Ruiz and his son about 2 weeks ago and followed that reading with The Voice of Knowledge, the Four Agreements and I am currently reading the Mastery of Love. In total honesty, I still have judgments generated not by will occasionally during the day. However, now I can push past them easily and still act in accordance in love and with the truth as I adhere to the four agreements in my thoughts, words and actions. If the judge continues to pester you, think the phrases "so what!", "big deal!", "who cares"! and "why not!" I have often also used the phrase "it is my divine right" to counter the power of the judge. I am not totally free of the judge in action or in thought but I sure am close now. This however is towards the last stretch of my path towards awareness, freedom, truth and love. My whole what some would call "personal new thought movement" or path to enlightenment began about 3 years ago when I read Norman Vincent Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking. I loved the book and a serendipitous event transpired which led to my reading of Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich. From then on, I covered all the self-help books, psychology books and self improvement books of not only the most famous proponents like Hill, Dennis Waitley and Dale Nightingale but also less known authors like Abraham Hicks, Louise Haise and Charles F. Hannel. I have been a warrior in actuality for almost 3 solid years because I had awareness of my parasite and my search for freedom fueled my passion for self-help. Side note, I have even been a student of the law of attraction and can tell you for sure it is true. Forget all the self-help books in the world but save this one and Mike Dooley books. He knows the truth as well. Ruiz explains the laws of truth in the most simple terms. Okay, but enough with that rant. FOCUS On One Agreement a week and put all your awareness just on that agreement. The next week focus on only the second agreement and so one and so forth. Do this until the agreements become beliefs and they become beliefs quickly if you practice fervently, with love and tons of passion. After this is accomplished you will automatically be in alignment with the agreements and therefore automatically and forever be in Heaven. You will see hell but not BE in Hell. You will see suffering and drama but not BE apart of it. I also suggest reading the fifth agreement and mastery of love.

Stay in Touch and live and heaven Love

Sterling German

Posted on Mar 28, 2013 4:49:37 PM PDT
Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I love the four agreements, they resonate with me so, so much but I find them very difficult to action. My most difficult one is not taking anything personally. I take a lot of things personally and am constantly hurt, constantly blaming myself. The idea of not taking things personally is uplifting, life-changing, extremely challenging...if I am spoken down to by someone at work, I spend hours crying. I am going to try your suggestion to take it one agreement at a time, and will look into the other book you suggested. Thank you again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2013 4:39:55 PM PDT
SGerman says:
How would you have applied the not only the four agreements but also Ruiz's postulate (and my belief as well) that the only purpose of humans on earth is to play, have fun and feel good in high school? I am a junior and I feel like the work should be fun, the action of doing the work and informative. I have talked to other students and from these discussions and other observations and questions I have surmised that nobody, not even teachers, readily enjoy teaching boring course material not to mention their honesty in admittance of the irrelevancy of most of the work. Have you any suggestions on how to find joy in school work (in doing the work itself)?

Sterling German
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Four Agreements (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
The Four Agreements (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) by Janet Mills (Library Binding - November 1, 1997)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (2,731)