Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on February 18, 2008
For me, the biggest eye-opener from reading this book was just how different the beliefs are, even within different Christian denominations -- even concerning something as seemingly innocent as prayer. The history of the violence between denominations in America was eye-opening, too.

It made me realize that while it's nice to have the whole "God is good, God is great" thing reiterated at school, there's no way I would want my son's religious understanding influenced by the theology of whichever public school teacher he happened to be assigned to that year. A religious education is something to be provided at home and at church, not at school. (Unless you'd like to specifically send your child to a religious school, which is your choice.) This book really made me understand why this is so important, and I fear my review doesn't do it nearly justice enough.