4.0 out of 5 stars Good 'Ol Julia
Published on November 20, 2009 by Dennis M. Davino

1.0 out of 5 stars Get Julia Child 1 &2 separately for $40
As of 8/25/2013, an AMZ customer could get these two sets separately for about $20 apiece, and free Prime shipping. Check it out before buying! Whatever the price when you order it ought to be better than this!!!!!
Published 18 months ago by MollyM/CA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 'Ol Julia, November 20, 2009
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
Couldn't resist buying this set, both as homage and for genuine interest. The set is simply a compilation of Good 'Ol Julia in her honest, straightforward, and very much "one-of-us" glory. I had only a kid's recollection of the shows when they were first aired; I was a pre-teen back then. You have got to love this woman, with her all-too-often caricatured voice and style. It's hard to believe what you are seeing is the original, not the staged. I watched every episode in the compilation and thoroughly enjoyed each one for its facts, mistakes, the food and the foibles. Well worth the investment. The only thing I would have liked better was if the episodes were in historical order. They jump around from the novice TV star to the Grand Dame, and then back again. I found the earlier the show, the more the entertainment value. She was so much herself and only wanted to share what she love most - unlike most of today's cooking shows with gimmicks, shtick, and scripts with every breath timed to cadence. Don't approach the viewing and expect the glitzy overdone Food Network of today. Her shows then would not have ever made it off the editing room floor. Enjoy them for what they were, the start of something very, very big for all of us foodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia rules!, September 23, 2009
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
If you are a fan of Julia Child then this is the product for you. My husband and I laugh so much while viewing the old tv shows of "The French Chef", and we use them to supplement our cooking from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." It helps to see exactly how the recipes are completed. It seems so easy when you see Julia do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The French Chef with Julia Child, September 11, 2009
Frank A. DeVito (Whitestone, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
I am so glad that I purchased this 6 DVD set. It is really great to see these old shows with Julia herself, at her best. Viewing these DVDs is like stepping back in time and enjoying every minute of it. These classic episodes are very entertaining, funny and educational. Julia does it for real, including her mistakes and bloopers, just as they happened. Her famous voice, her method of cooking, the old black and white episodes, all add up to make this collection precious to own. Even more surprising, was the low purchase price from Amazon.
As Julia herself would say, "Bon Appetit!" These are DVDs that I will watch many times in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lily and Julia, September 12, 2009
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
I grew up watching Julia Child. It was fun watching her back then and it is great being able to watch her now. Nothing has changed. I am still learning and relearnig and I am still laughing at the errors and accidents. Great fun and a learning experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get Julia Child 1 &2 separately for $40, August 25, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars The French Chef with Julia Child DVD set, January 28, 2010
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
This DVD set is a great reminder of just how wonderful Julia was in front of the camera. We all gained by her transfer of cooking skills. Good quality DVD also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Julia Child DVD Set, January 6, 2011
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
This is a great program! Time-tested and very entertaining. Unfortunately, the DVDs we received skip at various spots. Otherwise, this is an excellent purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, June 7, 2010
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
My wife was very interested in the Julia Child recipes.
This was a very good purchase. Arrived on time and price just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love julia, March 22, 2010
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
I love having access to her videos. I have used them while I cook. There is a nice variety of shows in all 6 DVDs. She really was entertaining. It was back in the time when a cooking show was NOT about product endorsements!
I have her Way too cook videos also. The are great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set), December 29, 2010
This review is from: The French Chef with Julia Child (6 DVD Set) (DVD)
I bought this as a holiday gift for a friend of mine. I can only say everything showed up in a timely manner. It looks to be a great watch for someone who is interested in cooking and julia, which my friend is both.