Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Fresh Beat Band: Season 1
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on December 2, 2009
Yes, I know. I'm a big tv & book snob. We home school and eschew many things in pop culture. So if you try to tell me that this show is not good enough you are preaching to the chior. It's corny. And silly. And sickeningly sweet. And unrealistic. And I could go on, but think about it. People talk baby talk to little ones all the time and that's corny, silly, sickeningly sweet and unrealistic. We do it because we think they are cute & also because they respond to simple, animated, happy interaction. The producers of this show understand that. This is the only show my one-year-old loves. She has been hooked since about 9 months. As much as I hate to admit it, it grew on me and my husband. Our 13-yr.old rolls his eyes & bangs his head against the wall when it comes on, but even he can't deny how adorable it is to see the huge grin on her face & the little diapered bob & sway this show always elicits.

After a while I noticed that the primaries in the show are extremely talented. There are hints of classical training in music & dance and copious talent. I also realized that they consistently integrate musical terminology and concepts in each show. As I understand it, the song writers for the show have backgrounds in award-winning commercial songs which explains why each number is catchy & memorable. If you really listen, you'll hear a difference between the music on this show & a lot of music content offered elsewhere. Over Thanksgiving my SIL played God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on the grand piano in our parent's living room. Guess who got up & danced AND got the beat right? My one-year-old Fresh Beats fan. Everyone was delighted! No, this show is probably not good enough, but you know what? I watched the Bugaloos, Land of the Lost and Gigglesnort Hotel when I was little & I turned out just fine.
on June 9, 2015
Put Fresh Beat Band back on Prime!!!!
VINE VOICEon May 1, 2013
I downloaded this show to my iPad for our 4 and 6 year old granddaughters, who love watching this "band". Each episode involves a problem that the band must work together to solve. The theme song informs viewers that "together we can do anything", which is a bit unrealistic, but watching them team up to work things out provides a valuable object lesson. The band members and supporting characters are perky and upbeat, as is the music.
on June 12, 2015
Fresh Beat Band was one of the shows my kids loved on prime. I even got rid of netflix for the summer, knowing they would still have a great selection of shows they loved. I am very disappointed that it is gone.
on July 2, 2015
My kids love Fresh Beat Band on Prime! It was great to be able to pull out my phone and have Fresh Beats in an instant. I refuse to pay for something that was free. Disappointed it was taken off of Prime.
on March 11, 2011
Really people? The show is made for kids not for adults. Do they care about whether or not the actors are changing their clothes? Are they concerned about production value or the acting quality? And frankly, I find it more entertaining than Yo Gabba Gabba which I find completely creepy. My son LOVES the music. It gets him moving and that's really all I care about. This show is really the only one he reacts to when it's on. I hope they keep creating new episodes! :-)
on April 4, 2012
Fresh Beat Band is one of the very few modern kids show that I like. It's very inspiring and, like Lazytown (which I hope Nick gets to put out next !) entertains kids and teaches them teamwork with music and dancing. The picture seems a little washed out, but maybe that's just on a computer. It looks fine on an HDTV. It's certainly better than what the show looks like on broadcast tv. The audio seems just fine, though a little tinny. Again, that may be just because of my laptop speakers. It sounds fine on an actual tv. It's been said that the dvds won't play on dvd players that can also record or on computers. But that's not the case. The discs play just fine on my computer, which can record dvds. I love The Fresh Beat Band. But since they change the actress that plays the redheaded Marina in season 3, I won't be picking up the show past season 2. If you want to raise your kids on the same kind of warm, fun, inspiring shows that you grew up on, you really need to get seasons 1 and 2 of The Fresh Beat Band.
on May 31, 2015
My five year old granddaughter has liked the Fresh Beat Band since she was a toddler. We recently found these 3 seasons on Amazon and have been binge watching them. I admit I'm getting a little tired of the relentless joy, but the messages and the music are very nice. I hope it encourages kids to play musical instruments and dance. I know all the songs now. I'm really old and sort of crippled, so I don't dance with the "kids", but I sure do sing.
on April 1, 2016
Our tot loves watching the fresh beats. However, the recording quality on the dvd is not that great. Looks stringy and pixelated with some lagging on our HD smart wide screen tv. On the computer it seems to be ok. So just be aware...
on February 20, 2015
My daughter loves this show. The songs are cute and have good meaning to them. I used to think it was weird having a bunch of grown ups act like children (and still kind of do) but this show is appropriate for young children in my opinion. Netflix streaming does not offer this show so after cancelling our cable it is nice to see Amazon Prime offering it. Overall happy with the things that are learned and reinforced from this show.