Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on February 28, 2014
The bracelet is well made and everything is of high quality, but the clasp is so cumbersome and extremely difficult to use and close with one hand. In many ways the clasp overwhelms the bracelet. You must screw in the small bolt each time you put it on... too much effort in my opinion, and the protruding head of the bolt has already jabbed into my wrist/arm a number of times I wish I had bought one with a plain old plastic clip. With a more user friendly clasp, I would have rated this item 5 of 5. see followup note below:

FOLLOWUP REPORT: Within minutes of posting the above review. (seemed like minutes), The Friendly Swede contacted me and asked what they could do to resolve my issue. We exchanged several emails and they were more than accommodating in making me happy. They are an amazing company to do business with and have customer service that is rarely ever seen both on line or in a store. A huge THANKS to them for all they did for me. It is much appreciated and I wholly encourage anyone "on the fence" to buy from them without hesitation.
22 comments19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2013
This is a really nice survival bracelet that not only looks good, it will likely do what I need it to if the situation arises. The metal connectors are high-quality, and nicely finished. As an added bonus, one is a shackle, which could be invaluable in an emergency! (Actually, I could see the other part coming in handy as well.)

As others have said:
"It's a little stiff." -Sure, but it's tightly woven to give you as much cord as possible when undone. Mine loosened up nicely after I sat and flexed it back and forth for a few minutes.

"It's difficult to put on." -Sure, it's not as easy as the plastic snap-clips that come on most of the other bracelets I've seen, but once you've worn it for a few days, it stays "bent" to the shape of your wrist, which keeps the holes lined up. It's not THAT hard to put on. For you ladies out there, it's much easier than the clasps on some of your necklaces/bracelets!

"It could be easy to lose the shackle-pin." -Sure, but put it on someplace where it's easy to find the pin if you drop it. Also, do it before you drink 3 cups of coffee! Mine came with two pins in case I lost the first one. Looks like the Friendly Swede read the reviews and fixed the problem! Nice customer service, right there!

If you're looking to make a fashion statement, buy one of the loosely-woven, plastic-connector, maybe-not-REAL-paracord bracelets. If you want something that will do what it's supposed to when the need arises, buy one of these. You WON'T be disappointed!
55 comments26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2014
The Friendly Swede sent this quality paracord bracelets for me to review. It is an excellent 'cobra braid' paracord product and the shackle is high quality and looks very slick.
0Comment39 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
I know this is a survival tool, but I'd had a few drinks one night and thought it looked cool! I absolutely love it. Awesome looking bracelet (for so little $$) and if I'm ever in need of para cord and shackles to rescue me from some urban indiscretion I know it will do the job? 10/5
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I received my review sample and was immediately impressed. This is a quality product. The overlapped braids give you some extra cord, very strong. And you can't beat The Freindly Swede's customer service. The pre-shrunk cord hold up to getting wet well and does not tighten on your wrist afterwards. The metal shackle seems to be of high strength and quality. It looks great as a braclet, and I know it is functional should I need to use the cord in an emergency situation. For a few weeks it has been on my wrist and after the first 2 days I no longer even noticed it when not looking. Very comfortable.

~ Kort
on October 2, 2013
Very well made item. I also bought two more for my daughters. We like them very much. These are way better than the cheaper versions that have the plastic clasps.
on November 19, 2013
As far as bracelets go, this one is pretty cool. Looks matcho (kind of hangs on my wrist since i don't have a big wrist). The buckle has 3 holes in it allowing you to adjust for size (mine still hangs kinda loosely even though it is in the last hole). They even give you an extra shackle screw.

It is a pain to get on, but with a little practice and dexterity, i got the hang of it and can do it by myself (takes 1 to 5 minutes depending on how much of a rush you're in, "Murphy's Law").

The reasons it doesn't get the full 5 stars. The buckle, which i got to be black started to chip, so there is a bit where it's a small chip showing the silver underneath. Not a big deal if you're not a perfectionist, but i kind of am.
The second reason is the narrower side of the Shackle is starting to slip to the side where it attaches to the bracelet, so the bracelet is sitting funny on the wrist. Again, not a big deal if you're not a perfectionist.
The third reason and i think the most important is that after wearing it for 2 weeks straight (even shower with it on), it has started to stink, i washed it with soap and it still stinks, which is strange considering the material IS PARACORD!!!

And i wish it came with instructions on how to lace it back up once you use it, because otherwise it's a one and done thing, and for what i paid that's not a good thing.

That being said, it still got 4 stars, so that should tell you plenty about the quality and look of this bracelet.
on August 11, 2013
This is a premium branded extra-beefy paracord bracelet with a great looking stainless steel bow/shackle that is adjustable for wrist sizes 8" to 8.5". The disassembled length of the bracelet is approximately 10 feet of paracord to be used for your survival needs. You also get one (1) spare shackle screw that is included with the bracelet. This is a real premium quality bracelet and the people at The Friendly Swede company are great to work with if you have any questions. This is a good looking well made bracelet, you want be disappointed.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
I shopped around for a survival bracelet and saw many different options available. After reviewing the various options, I selected this one and have not been disappointed. Others I reviewed were cheaper but not made from the 550 paracord or much more expensive but the clasp is plastic. This bracelet is high quality, fits well, is comfortable, and I am confident that when the day comes that I need to use it, I will not be let down.
on February 11, 2015
I debated between giving this product a rating of 3 or a 5 so I settled on 4.Why? The Friendly Swede has designed and built a very nice paracord bracelet. However, I have two problems with it (1) I found it difficult to put on. However, once on I believe it will never come off unless I decide to take it off, and (2) the bracelet is rather beefy and stiff for my small wrist. The former problem is a slight design issue. The latter issue is of my own making. Nevertheless, for all the paracord bracelets that I've bought, this is clearly a top shelf product.