The Outer Limits (1963) 2 Seasons 1963
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Galaxy Being Adventurous radio station operator contacts a fellow experimenter in another galaxy. The operator locks in 3D communication, but a DJ who wants to impress his girlfriend with the station's range, boosts the signal all the way up, unknowingly sucking the alien, who's composed of electricity, into the remote desert town.
2. 100 Days Of The Dragon When a scientist in the Orient invents a serum that permits human flesh to be remolded and shaped at will, the Premier sees a way of overtaking the world.
3. The Architects Of Fear Robert Culp is chosen to undergo a painful and bizarre mutation from human to Thetan.
4. The Man With The Power Donald Pleasence plays a college professor who devises a method of harnessing cosmic energy into an undetectable beam that can devastate humans.
5. The Sixth Finger David McCallum is a coal miner who is transformed into a futuristic man with a grotesquely enlarged brain, a sixth finger and tremendous mental powers.
6. The Man Who Was Never Born Martin Landau portrays a time-traveller desperately trying to stop the birth of an inventor whose bacterium turns humans into mutants.
7. O.B.I.T. At the top secret Cypress Hills Research Center, scientists are kept under constant watch through O.B.I.T., Outer Bank Individuated Teletracer, a mysterious electronic device that tunes in on the different wave lengths of the human body
8. The Human Factor At an isolated military installation in Greenland, Major Brothers (Harry Guardino) has allowed one of his men to die after falling in a crevasse. Suffering from hallucinations, he goes to Dr. Hamilton (James Merrill). Hamilton has invented a device that allows him to read the thoughts of another person. Hamilton and Brothers connect via the device, but then a power surge causes the unthinkable: the minds of the two men switch bodies. The deranged Maj. Brothers is bent on destroying the whole base. Unfortunately, his mind is in the psychiatrist's body, and the other base workers know nothing of the mind switch.
9. Corpus Earthling Dr. Jonas Temple, geologists, and his assistant Laurie have been examining some unusual rocks which seem unlike any they have studied. Later, when Temple is alone, the rocks assume the forms of black, living, pulsating creatures
10. Nightmare A group of astronauts are captured on the planet Ebon and made prisoners of war. The Ebonites interrogate all of the prisoners using such special methods to get information as torture and drugs.
11. It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork At the Norco Energy Research Commission, a cleaning lady is finishing her midnight chores. As she vacuums her machine picks up a small inanimate black mass. It is sucked into the chamber of the cleaner and there it feeds on the energy motor.
12. The Borderland Ian Russell, Director of Research at Arrex Electronics, is conducting an experiment on a small magnetic field cell when he accidentally drops his pencil.
13. Tourist Attraction Tycoon John Dexter spears a dolphin-like sea creature off San Blas in the Caribbean. It appears to be dead but, on shore, it comes to life and begins to make shrill, whistling sounds, which have a pattern and can be decoded.
14. The Zanti Misfits Throughout history society has been faced with the problem of what to do with malcontents and misfits whose behavior undermines and destroys the foundations of civilizations.
15. The Mice Dr. Thomas Kellander, Director of Neo-Kinematics, is in charge of a machine that will break down matter to electrical waves so it can be transmitted like radio and reassembled at the reception point.
16. Controlled Experiment The inhabitants of Mars and its satellites, worried by the fact that Earth's warlike humans might spread their ways to other planets, send two messengers to research the peculiar phenomenon known only to the human race -- murder.
17. Don't Open Until Doomsday On the night of her marriage in 1929, Mrs. Harvey Kry's husband suddenly disappeared. He made the mistake of unwrapping a gift labeled "Don't Open Till Doomsday."
18. Zzzzzz Entomologist, Ben Fields, has been specializing in the study of bees. His lab contains a system of recorders and computers which allow him to talk to the insects and thereby learn of their society and lives.
19. The Invisibles After a billion, billion years, the strange forces of cosmic energy have put together nameless nuclei that met and fell to Earth where, although deformed by the fall, they plan to rule by infesting the bodies of powerful and influential humans.
20. The Bellero Shield Richard Bellero's experiments with a laser beam gun capture a traveler from a "world" of light. This LASER CREATURE has the power, in emergency, encase itself in a bell-shaped, clear plastic like shell that is impervious to anything on Earth.
21. The Children Of Spider County Four of the nations' leading young scientists simultaneously vanish and the succeeding investigation reveals they were all born in Spider County within the same month, each delivered two months premature, and each carried the same middle name...Eros.
22. Specimen: Unknown Dabney Coleman discovers a strange alien life form on the walls of a space lab which is capable of maturing into flowers that emit a universally lethal toxin.
23. Second Chance An amusement park joy ride becomes an unexpected trip into space by an Empyrian from another planet. The passengers are unwilling and are chosen by the Empyrian because they have little to leave behind.
24. Moonstone An expeditionary force on the moon finds a strange spherical stone. It turns out to be a space craft from another planet containing a number of beings who appear to be eyes floating in a gelatinous substance.
25. The Mutant A group of scientists living on a strange planet -- Annex One -- are held there by one of their own scientists who has become a mutant due to the effect of the Radio Isotopes in the rainfall.
26. The Guests The secret of long life is unfolded in this dramatic story of young lovers. As long as the people remain as "guests" in their strange surroundings they will retain youth forever.
27. Fun And Games The "fun and games" on the satellite Arena consist of pitting creatures from other worlds against one another, with the losers forfeiting the lives of all the inhabitants of their own planet.
28. The Special One The parents of a child science prodigy are approached by a mysterious official called Mr Zeno, who offers to give him special private tutoring. Unknown to them, Mr Zeno is a alien who wants to use their son's talents for evil.
29. A Feasibility Study The inhabitants of a typical suburban street find that they've been abducted by a diseased alien race, which wants to discover if humans will make suitable slaves for them.
30. Production and Decay of Strange Particles An accident at a nuclear research facility creates a dimensional doorway in which aliens need to widen to invade our world. A scientist races to discover a way to reverse the damage and close the doorway.
31. The Chameleon In the advanced culture of the planet Venus, a search is under way for a source of manpower to meet daily needs. Venusians, sated with a millennium of struggle, effort and growth, want to lead lives of contemplation, freed of all other activity.
32. The Forms Of Things Unknown This was a pilot for a proposed anthology story of eerie tales. David McCallum played a mad scientist who can manipulate time - as well as life and death.
|Genres||Science Fiction, Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Horror|
|Starring||Lee Philips, Jacqueline Scott|
|Supporting actors||Cliff Robertson, Burt Metcalfe, Allyson Ames, Joseph V. Perry, Don C. Harvey, William Stevens, Mavis Neal Palmer, Peter Madsen, William Douglas, James Rawley, Bill Catching|
|Executive Producer||Leon Chooluck|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
The outer Limits flowed in my vanes as a kid of the 60,s and this first season is the best with all the shows greatest monsters.
THIS TV SERIES WILL NEVER BECOME OUT DATED AND DULL. THE SCIENCE FICTION IS AHEAD OF IT'S TIME.Published 13 hours ago by phalbra milien
Unfortunately, the DVD that I received was defective. I watched three episodes, but each episode froze at some points and skipped other parts. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Terry Felrice
If you like classic scifi TV at it's best then buy this! Image quality, sound, are probably better than the original show.Published 2 months ago by movie_hound
Its good to see this out all 3 volumes are worth the price Transfers are excellent!!! Get the series NOW!!!!!Published 2 months ago by james lower
Dad and I were watching this on over the air TV during bad weather. The TV antennae picture was bad so we did not see the ending. I rented this so we could see what we missed.Published 3 months ago by firstname.lastname@example.org
I love all sci fi and this old classic is a great addition to my collection. Highly recommended for serious collectors.Published 4 months ago by Jack W. WILLACKER
The outer Limits flowed in my vanes as a kid of the 60,s and this first season is the best with all the shows greatest monsters. Now you can have your TV back.Published 4 months ago by Lawrence Larson
Great stories! Never get tired of hearing them. Wish we had several more TV series like this one to watch.Published 4 months ago by S. Seeger
It's like stepping back in time. Granted by today's standards, the special effects were well, not good. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Tom Wikoff