Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Garden Stamp: Stop Plotting. Start Planting.
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 18, 2013
I just got two of these as gifts for Christmas - one for my dad who is planting raised beds for the first time this coming spring and one for me from Santa :-) I love raised bed gardening, and am excited to use the Garden Stamp to simplify planting and to maximize my bed space!

When there was a minor problem with my order (Amazon's fault), Jenn at the Garden Stamp went WAY above and beyond my expectations to make sure things were made right! The customer service was absolutely amazing! Thank you, again, Jenn!

Now I just have to wait for spring...

Here's my update - The Garden Stamp is GREAT! It made planting SOOOOO much easier and efficient, and never have my rows been so straight! I just wish the Garden Stamp had been around when my grandpa was still alive, he would have LOVED it! But it's not just for older people or kids - I'm 31 and I love it!

I found it super useful for planting from seed, but also really helpful with transplanting the plants I started indoors and bought from a local greenhouse. While the holes obviously aren't big enough to transplant in, it was really nice to have such an easy way to space my transplants and keep everything organized and efficient!

And contrary to what another commenter said, I do NOT know the owner, but I do love my Garden Stamp!
on June 30, 2014
I am a certified SFG instructor. I hold classes at a local educational garden for special needs and migrant children.
The Garden Stamp is sturdy and very well made. It should last a lifetime. It speeds up the process of making holes to plant your seeds in, that's for sure. There are a couple of things I would like to see made available.
I would like it to fit inside the grid. Many people have the grids affixed permanently to their beds. This won't work if you do. I would also like to see a stamp with pointed ends so that seeds could be planted through plastic, like I prefer to plant my salad greens. Also, the lay out of the pegs can be confusing to someone who is not familiar with SFG.
Especially students and special needs adults.
Over all a good product. Well made!
on June 7, 2015
I have given this product 3 stars but wish there was a way to give it 1 star for some people and 5 stars for others. My rational follows a characteristic other reviewers have noted. If you have your square foot garden sectioned off, this stamp won't fit. If you use it to designate your squares, it is perfect. The product is sturdy and attractive. The handle is large and should be easy for both little hands (children) and older, less steady hands. I returned the stamp because it would not fit in my sectioned beds which are about 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" due to the section markers and to my irrigation system (Which I love, see The Garden Grid - 4x4).
on April 28, 2014
They're called dibble or dibbler. For this price you might as well make your own using plywood & dowels (or wine corks for larger/deeper holes.) Google homemade dibbler for ideas.
on May 4, 2013
Bought one of these for my 85 year old grandmother. I was how amazed how easy it was for her to use it. She can now garden again without the tediousness of measuring out her garden boxes. Let's you plant quickly and with the attached planting guide let's you plant efficiently. The kids loved it too. Well made and well worth the price. Making this my Christmas gift for all my gardening friends.
on May 19, 2014
Met the designer at a seed exchange in March. What a nifty idea. Available as a Prime purchase is nice too! It's certainly durable and easy to clean. Great for stamping out planting patterns in your garden, especially for Mel's Square Foot Gardening. If you have really dry soil or compost that you're planting in, mist it a little bit to prevent the holes from caving in on themselves.
on September 4, 2013
The device is a good idea. However the spacing for all of the between plants distance is the same for all rows. It does give you the ability to change distance between rows. You need to skip holes if you need larger distance. The 4x4 is great, but the 3x3 is worthless. I would have changed the spacing so that it was consistent from square to square. It is not.

If the 3x3 area was reworked it would be worth the price, but this is too much for what it provides.
on April 2, 2014
Great help for all gardeners, made very well out of recycled material. Want to use it as a template with some mentally challenged clients who are having their first raised garden beds this year. Love the bright color, easy to find if you are in the midst of things and misplace it!
on April 14, 2016
I have lusted after this for some time, as my "DIY" one was made of wood, was very cumbersome, & because it is faded wood, it got hard to find as it blended with the soil. This little puppy, bright sunny yellow, is MUCH lighter than anything I've ever used, can't be lost (except by others who borrow it), and for direct sowing seeds, it can't be beat! Even by homemade! I'm in a public garden these days, and the day several of us met & sowed our seeds, he was one popular puppy!!! I offered to share it, & we decided after just those few hours that all 6 of us would share the price, ($5.00 each) and, since I had been the "smart one" to get it in the first place, I would store it, & keep it available for the others. He's being used today as well, & we think we may get yet another for next season, since it's so much in use this year. By the way, we named him "Puppy".

In addition, I used it for my planters on the balcony, & it worked "sow" well there in my "City Picker" boxes for my salad greens, herbs, onions and flowers. I got my first look at how well it would work for direct sow AND my transplants (I seed indoors to keep costs down). Hope this helps someone who may be vacillating like I did so many years because of the price. I noticed today, it' $2.00 less than my January purchase.
on March 24, 2015
I'm new to square foot gardening. When I added the garden stamp to my Amazon cart, I thought that I was just being a tad bit dependent on tools, but went ahead with the purchase anyway. After planting my first three containers, I am very glad I purchased this tool. First, it does save some time. If I had taken the time to use my finger to draw in the 48 (3 containers) divisions in the dirt, it would have taken me another hour or so to do so. Second, the garden stamp makes the neatest, cleanest 1/2" (approximate) impressions and a level of precision to the planting that I can't really get using my finger and eyeballing the spacing. This is certainly going to help me plant the seeds in a uniform manner leading to a lovelier garden. Also, once the impression is made, I can determine spacing and make some preliminary decisions on where to plant seeds. However, if I change my mind, I can simply wipe over the first impression and begin again. I really do like this tool. True, you can do the same thing with your finger, but square foot gardening it much more fun with the garden stamp.

See 1 answered question