Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 22, 2013
I went to school for the hard sciences, so when I saw this, I had to have it.

I'm used to cold boring instructions from college text books and lab exercise manuals, which we were somehow able to decipher to do our course work, but this book is an easy and fun read. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the degree of complexity of the projects is clearly labeled.

You don't have to be a science geek to do these projects.
on September 5, 2012
This is generally a pretty good book. Lots of cool and fun ideas.

However, a fair number of these projects require far more patience and time than my kids would put up with. Or me.

If you have bright kids with good listening skills and lots of patience, this is the book for you.

If you have kids that tend to get bored when things are not moving fast enough to keep them interested, like I do, you might want to stick to old fashioned sports.
on July 21, 2013
problem: computer-progammer pro seeks fun times with five-year-old daughter. oops -- kids don't run on "0" and "1" series! you catch that spark in a different way. dads will invent and five-year-olds will reinterpret happier with ken denmead's delightful ideas book that goes many steps beyond finding out how many buckets of water + how much mud = the amount of mud that makes mom self-propel.
on April 29, 2014
I got this for the mad scientist in my house and they love it, who knows what will be bubbling and moving in this house. Lol. It keeps it very interesting and the boys love doing the stuff in it. I like to help and I like spending the time with them to create some of the stuff. Good book, I recommend it.
on May 25, 2015
Great, great, GREAT book for any child or adult that loves science! So many experiments that are easily done around the home. I am really looking forward to the adventures our son is going to have exploring science through these experiments :) A great buy and one I highly recommend for anyone with a love, or even just a curiosity about science.
on April 21, 2014
Schools aren't really teaching what I'd call science, at least where I live. After a few years of trying to follow the schools guidance on projects I thankfully found Ken's series of books. Not only are his projects great fun for the whole family, my kids are actually learning science.
on June 22, 2012
I purchased this for my hubby to do cool stuff with our kids. He will wait a bit till they get older. But he loves it and is super excited to do some of the stuff himself as well. Great gift for a dad!
on September 20, 2015
This was a Christmas present. Now I can finally have that longed-for father and son time of building a doomsday device in the basement. *maniacal laughter* muhahaha..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaaahhh.....
on December 13, 2012
This book was a gift to a truly "geek dad" who loved it. Now, let the experiments begin. His 6 year old son is also very excited about the prospect of becoming a "mad scientist" so, needless to say, the book was a huge hit!
on July 2, 2013
I have the series, they have given me loads of inspiration! Just remember to try and pick experiments that the kids can do their share (not get bored and head back to the Xbox while you smugly chuckle while you work...).