4.0 out of 5 stars A book by a better Dad than I
This is generally a pretty good book. Lots of cool and fun ideas.

However, a fair number of these projects require far more patience and time than my kids would put up with. Or me.

If you have bright kids with good listening skills and lots of patience, this is the book for you.

If you have kids that tend to get bored when things are not...
Published on September 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars good book
decent book. has afew good ideas. too much talking and not enough action. still better than i can write though.
Published 10 months ago by Damon

4.0 out of 5 stars A book by a better Dad than I, September 5, 2012
This is generally a pretty good book. Lots of cool and fun ideas.

If you have kids that tend to get bored when things are not moving fast enough to keep them interested, like I do, you might want to stick to old fashioned sports.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muahahaha - Mad Scientist Bible, January 22, 2013
I went to school for the hard sciences, so when I saw this, I had to have it.

I'm used to cold boring instructions from college text books and lab exercise manuals, which we were somehow able to decipher to do our course work, but this book is an easy and fun read. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the degree of complexity of the projects is clearly labeled.

You don't have to be a science geek to do these projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars all geek to me, July 21, 2013
problem: computer-progammer pro seeks fun times with five-year-old daughter. oops -- kids don't run on "0" and "1" series! you catch that spark in a different way. dads will invent and five-year-olds will reinterpret happier with ken denmead's delightful ideas book that goes many steps beyond finding out how many buckets of water + how much mud = the amount of mud that makes mom self-propel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, June 22, 2012
I purchased this for my hubby to do cool stuff with our kids. He will wait a bit till they get older. But he loves it and is super excited to do some of the stuff himself as well. Great gift for a dad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 29, 2014
This review is from: The Geek Dad Book for Aspiring Mad Scientists: The Coolest Experiments and Projects for Science Fairs and Family Fun (Paperback)
I got this for the mad scientist in my house and they love it, who knows what will be bubbling and moving in this house. Lol. It keeps it very interesting and the boys love doing the stuff in it. I like to help and I like spending the time with them to create some of the stuff. Good book, I recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book, April 10, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars The answer to you kids next science fair project, April 21, 2014
Justin Ryan (OLYMPIA, WA, US) - See all my reviews
Schools aren't really teaching what I'd call science, at least where I live. After a few years of trying to follow the schools guidance on projects I thankfully found Ken's series of books. Not only are his projects great fun for the whole family, my kids are actually learning science.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for every geek, August 21, 2012
Bought this for my husband to use when our son gets old enough. Really cute, fun, easy stuff to do and it also presents a great way to bond with your kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun, February 8, 2014
Our family enjoys doing some of the projects in this book. Its been super fun planning family nights around the projects in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loved it, February 4, 2013
Joan C. Nasiatka (Northbrook, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Gave this to my 41 year old son for his birthday. He plans to use it with his 3 kids...6, 4, and 2.
Joan N from Illinois