Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 14, 2002
A fable, a modern fiction, a true story - who cares.....the real story is about you and what you can do.
Great wrap at the end. And if you can get past any nervousness you may have (like me) on the subject of unconditional faith then it's well worth reading and passing on - inspiring sounds too corny a word nowadays for what is, actually, an old fashioned book - but i've taken the day off to read it again so it must have hit me good.
Thank you Ken and Truett - i will try, hard, you have reached me.
XX
on November 1, 2002
I loved reading the real-life stories of people who "made it" and then gave something back. It made me want to help people no matter what station in life I'm at. The desire to give it all - all the time comes from knowing who we are and there's an awareness deep inside that just spills over. It makes us view the world as an opportunity to care, not just a place to get mine. I think a lot of executives are missing this ingredient in their lives and this book would be of great assistance.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2002
Short, powerful and life-changing. If you already have a generous spirit, you'll be inspired and motivated to be more generous. If you have friends or colleagues,who, with encouragement, could begin to experience the joy of generosity--they'll never forget your help in pointing them in the right direction. I hope this is Ken Blanchard's all-time best-selling book!
on August 7, 2005
Frankly, I think this is a dangerous book to read! Before reading this book (which takes only a few hours) I had never heard of S. Truett Cathy (co-author) & (I'm from the West Coast) but I can't remember a book that emotionally moved me more (in a long time) than this one. Being generous has nothing to do with how much material abundance you have but with the attitude of your heart once you realize how truly blessed you are and the joy that comes to your life in being a blessing to others. Dr. Phillip McGraw (Dr. Phil) said in his book, "Life Strategies," in strategy #1 about being a person that "gets it." He says, either you'll get it or your won't, so make sure you "get it." You may read this book and say, "this is corny, life's not this simple" or you might say, "a great story, I need to give some more time to my church, or the local rescue mission or send some more dollars to hunger relief organizations" and still not "get it." I pray that after you read this book you "get it." Ken Blanchard and S. Truett Cathy pray you not be "just inspired," but that you "get it!" Because once you "get it" your life will never be the same. You will be living on a plane that most people never attain in life. I truly pray you "get it."
on May 20, 2005
"The Generosity Factor" may be the best of Ken Blanchard's many fine teaching novels. Through the use of an appealing story, Blanchard and Cathy challenge their readers to leave behind the capitalistic corporate model of materialism, that encourages greed and hording. Their recommended alternative is not a socialistic governmental model of regulation, redistribution and dependence, but the Biblical stewardship pathway of earning, giving and empowering. This encompasses more than treasure but includes time, talent, and touch. The authors refer to this as "The Generosity Factor" and they see it as the path to contentment, fulfillment and positive social change.

For this work Blanchard seems to raise his writing skills as a novelist. His characters are still stereotypical and his ending idyllic (which he admits) but there is a better dialogue flow between the personalities. The values of "The Generosity Factor" so counters our current cultural flow that they can't be ignored and their promise of a greater way of life dare us to embrace them. This book is good for the soul. I'm planning to order a case of these books to give away to others!
on October 29, 2003
Once again the motivational writer Ken Blanchard proved that he can motivate people very much. This time he chose to talk about GENEROSITY through three characters : a driver, a broker and an executive which is our morale story from this wonderful book.
The excecutive advices the Broker that "there are actually four things one can give and in my mind they are all of equal significance = Time,Talent,Treasure and Touch". And then he makes it easier for the Broker by deciding to demonstrate an example of each mentioned above.
Reading this book you'll get the opportunity to meet some of the nicest human beings on earth. Don't miss out...it will only take you about 1 and a half hours to read it all and a lifetime to live by what you're gonna learn inside this remarkable book.
on November 13, 2014
One of the best books I've read this year. I've always loved to learn more about giving and how God designed generosity for our good from tithe to helping others, serving others, but this book really opened my eyes and took me to a whole new level. I learned so much and I'll never forget Time, Talent, Treasure and Touch. WOW!!!

This book also gave me a new appreciation and respect for Mr Truett Cathy and Ken Blanchard. Amazing Amazing!!! This book was a huge blessing and I will be giving it away as well. I hope that I always live my life with my hand open, my heart open and being used of God to serve and help others have a better more joyful life. Thank you!!
on March 6, 2015
My husband and I recently purchased a restaurant. GOD made it happen, He made a way where there was no way. I want us to be a beacon to others and help as many as we can to find out how much He loves them. I had a feeling this book would help us to do that, and it has! Very inspiring!
on December 25, 2014
This is a quick read, but the message comes through clear. It's a good reminder of what's important in life, and the HEART acronym serves as a reminder that you can use everyday to guide how you live.
on February 20, 2007
This book is a delightful tale that can easily be read in one sitting. It is written by Ken Blanchard and takes the format of a parable, though it is based on the life of S. Truett Cathy who founded Chick-Fil-A. It is written in a similar style to many of Patrick Lencioni's leadership books, and I have found this format to be quite engaging.

The basic premise revolves around the imagined life of a young, driven, materialistic broker and a relationship that he develops with an older, successful, generous executive. Throughout the story, the executive takes great pains to teach the general life principle to the broker that significance is infitely more worthwhile than success, and he suggests that the only way to truly achieve significance is to generously give away time, talent, treasure, and touch. It is hard to argue with this notion, especially when presented so effectively.

One aspect of the book that was particularly appealing to me is its insistence on giving God priority and primary ownership over all of our things. Both Blanchard and Cathy are committed Christians, and this reality bleeds right into the text of the book. However, they were not overbearing with this theme, to the extent that some key principles would probably ring true to those outside the Christian community. Still, I appreciated their reference to God as the creator and owner of all, and they seem to suggest, quite compellingly, that it is ultimately impossible to embrace the generosity factor without an appropriate view and reference of God.

Ultimately, the "conversion" of the broker by the end of the story was a bit contrived and saccharine, but such can easily be the nature of parables. This book isn't particularly profound or earthshattering, but it is certainly accessible and helpful. Blanchard and Cathy offer some great ideas, a few that will probably shake some readers who come to the book without a heart of generosity. I have certainly been impacted, and I would recommend this book to anyone with a willingness to more fully understand the generous lives to which God has called us.