Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Ghost Meter EMF Sensor
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 18, 2013
I haven't detected any supernatural stuff with the meter yet. However, I have used it for other purposes that were more important. For example, for a long time, I was experiencing an uncomfortable pressure surrounding my head whenever I went to bed, causing me sleepless nights and forcing me to often sleep in the living room. When I received this item, I scanned the area of my bed's headboard and was getting a high electromagnetic reading spanning 2-feet wide, four feet high. I went outside the house to see what was on the other side. I'm in a condo unit; I found that the electric power meter was situated in exact alignment with my headboard one floor down from us. I can't move my bed elsewhere due to windows. I now sleep at the foot of my bed and the uncomfortable pressure I previously experienced is not in that are and I can sleep. I also traced other electro magnetic fields running through other areas my condo and work with it to avoid potential health problems for me and my family. If there are any ghosts in the house, maybe they learned something too.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
I am not a supernatural type..so i thought it was a hokey name for the product.
I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to use : plug in a 9v battery (not included) and press the center button & it starts detecting.
I had my kids walk around the house pointing it at devices (off and on) - the meter was easy to read (green safe - yellow - then red zone)the volume wheel on the side could silence it (which was requested after a while)
i reccomend to folks who want to check out the amount of EMFs (electro magnetic fields) that surround us each day & teach your kids why it's not a good idea to be too close to computer/tv screens
on June 11, 2009
works perfect for locating electrical wiring in walls and high readings from outlets. a great tool to have. thank you
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2009
I have this in my arsenal of tech toys as well as a K-II. I tend to use this EMF meter more. Reasons why are for the simple fact that any fluctuation detected on the high scale will light up the top of the device like a Christmas tree. This is handy for doing an investigation in the dark. Something else that I really love is the fact that it has a speaker output with a volume control. As far as it's sensitivity, it's just as sensitive as a K-II meter yet you can buy this for half the cost.
11 comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2008
This is a grat EMF detector. It has everything that I was looking for and nothing fancy. It has the needle, lights up when it detects something and volume control that is easily workable in one hand.
on October 29, 2010
First off to all the "Ghost Hobby Hunters" let me state my qualification for this review. I run a business which custom develops and manufactures various electronics for federal agencies that require tolerances so precise most large companies don't want to deal with it.

I have a family member who has also been swept up in the whole ghost hunting thing and purchased this meter. After showing me a few videos of "possible" activity based on strange readings from this meter I asked to borrow it for a few days. At first it seemed decent (for the price) as far as accuracy. When swapped out the battery for one aprox. 15% drained (which is about what you would have with a few hours of use) the accuracy range dropped to 8%-30%. WOW! I also found several spots on the board where the voltages became erratic with used batteries. At this point I decided to put it up against a few AlphaLab Gauss Meters (ranging in price from $400-over $1500) and in my opinion this meter only gets aprox. 40% to 70% accuracy.

Now before the fanatics start getting mad let me make a point. I don't consider myself a "Paranormal" type but it has caught my attention especially after my father died from ALS. I have been asked by a friend of mine to join their group on a few cases in which I was shocked to find some of the other members included a retired Bechtel physicist, DSS agent, and a few other scholars. For me it seems intriguing to think about and it does need more research from the scientific community. Having said that it also seems obvious you would want any evidence acquired accurate and UNDENIABLE. This meter in my opinion this meter is far from accurate and should not be used for scientific proof.

If this is just a hobby kind of thing and you are into paranormal stuff for excitement than it is probably good. If you are taking this kind of research seriously than you should consider a Gauss Meter similar to the one below.

Digital Electric Field Meter
3636 comments|256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
We tried walking through 3 graveyards at night and the needle didn't budge on the meter. So me and my husband gave up and decided to go to this restaurant for dinner. We were sitting at the table and the ghost meter started going off like crazy. The needle was jumping up and down and the lights flashing. Thats the first time it ever showed any activity at all. So the manager walks by our table and sees the meter and he says "What is that is that one of those ghost meters?'' "I love all those ghost hunting shows!'' And he tells up this place is haunted by a woman people that work in the kitchen see her peeking out of the utility closet. So after dinner he takes up back to the kitchen and the meter is still going off. So we get in the car and are heading home and the meter is still lite up and I'm not liking this one bit, cause it wasn't lite on the way there and I didn't want this ghost following us home, So I said, "Go back to the restaurant the power of Christ compels you!!'' and the needle on the meter drops back down to zero immediately. Well I haven't used the meter to hunt ghost since then, because apparantly these ghosts can follow you back home.
on June 10, 2010
LITTLE EGYPT GHOST SOCIETY - Southern Illinois paranormal investigators have field tested several EMF meters including the K2 EMF meter, Mel-8704 meter, Ramesy Tri-field meter and the Ghost Meter. We have come to the conclusion that the best very best EMF meter for the price is the Ghost Meter. Unlike all the other EMF meters on the market, the Ghost Meter indicates EMF using 3 different modalities; analog meter, flashing LED light and sound. The sound can be turned off so that it will not interfere with EVP experiments. The meter gives very rapid readings and the flashing LED light can be seen from a distance. We at the LITTLE EGYPT GHOST SOCIETY - Southern Illinois recommend the Ghost Meter to ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from beginners to the most experienced.
11 comment|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2009
The Ghost Meter is awesome. Its easy to use, comes with complete instructions and features the most bang for your buck. They may sell more expensive meters but more expensive doesn't always mean better. The Ghost Meter is compact, easy to carry and the power LED is bright enough that you can read the meter in the dark. I'll buy another one when this one finally wears out, and I'll recommend it to anyone joining my team of ghost hunters.
on February 20, 2015
Bought not for ghost hunting, but for EMF hunting. I took it in the room that has an open fuse box and wires exposed and it went nuts!!! The meter read as unsafe high levels of EMF, we called electrician who fixed the box and now the room is safe. I then had no real use for it and started testing various things around my house. When I touched it to the top and bottom of my cell phone it showed dangerous high levels of EMF, no EMF was detected in the middle of my cell phone. I am wondering how many mouth cancers and brain cancers are from the constant high levels of EMF transmitted from my cell phone. I was not on the phone at the time I tested it, so it is giving off toxic levels of EMF in the standby state.
I also ran this meter in our spare bedroom that keeps blowing a fuse when we turn on the lights (just purchased house that needs fixing up) and it went nuts in one small area of the wall, upon removing the wall we found an open electrical wire which could have started a fire!
So this little tool has come in pretty handy for me, no ghosts have been detected, but it sure did protect us from becoming ghosts!!!