Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

75%
25%

on March 18, 2012
This is about the true meaning of Christmas. I have loved this story since childhood and bought it to share with my boys. My only disappointment is that it isn't bigger. It'd be wonderful if it was large enough to read in front of my son's class at the holidays but the book is too small for a group of children to enjoy the illustrations.
on December 7, 2013
This is a COMIC BOOK edition of the story, which is not mentioned in the description. I find that the graphics tend to detract from the meaning and intensity of the story.

You should also note that the text is slightly abridged, but not in a significant way. This may be suitable for a younger reader, but for older readers be aware of what you are buying.

Please note that this review is not a comment on the quality of Priddy's edition, but rather on my disappointment with the product based on it's description.
on January 5, 2014
I used this adaptation alongside the traditional O. Henry short story with my eighth grade students. Priddy's illustrations are placed alongside most of O. Henry's text, rendering the text accessible, engaging, and contemporary. This graphic novel is a lovely piece, and I was thrilled to find it.
on December 2, 2014