Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 1, 2005
My son died on Sept 11 in a surfing accident. A family was visiting our city from Iowa and was on the beach when it happened. She was on a family getaway to honor her sons memory who had died two years before. When she got home she sent me a beautiful card and the book in honor and memory of her 18 year old son and in honor of mine. The book sits on my coffee table and continues to bring me comfort each time I read it. Others have read it and I am going to continue this tradition with other Mothers who lose their children. This is a beautiful work of love and compassion to help people in the worst of times. Thank you Marianne!
on May 20, 2004
I was lucky enough to receive this book as a gift from one of my best friends when I lost my brother to cancer last year. I read it when I have had a bad day and need to be comforted, it is a wonderful way to let someone know that you care about what they are feeling and going through.
on January 24, 2013
The Gift of a Memory is a nice keepsake book. The grieving process is expressed in stages permitting each individual to work through her emotions privately.

I purchased a copy to review before ordering one for my Dad and each of my uncles, but I have decided against ordering each of them a copy when the time comes. I do have a close relationship with one cousin for whom I will purchase a copy of the book because she also has fond memories of our grandmother that I know she will want to share with her child when he is older.

When my grandmother was suddenly hospitalized soon after the news of an aggressive cancer I thought briefly about leaving it at her house for family visitors to record their favorite memories, but the book does not lend itself to that idea as it is written for one person to author as she commemorates her memories of the loved one who has passed.
on December 16, 2012
I purchased for my husband who just lost both parents in the last three months. Inside book cover says, Juvenile Fiction/Picture Book. I did not see that mentioned in Amazon's description of product . I would not purchase this book for adults, definitely for kids!
on October 2, 2013
I bought this book for a friend who had just lost her mom.

It's perfect in its simplicity - beautifully illustrated, upbeat and cheerful, with just the exact right words (few but meaningful) to comfort a person who has just suffered the loss of a loved one.

My friend loved it, so I am quite happy with it.
on August 16, 2007
This book is a great gift for someone who has lost a loved one. I purchased 3 so that I could have a couple on hand. It is short with little wording, but the wording that is included is simply beautiful.
on May 15, 2013
Bought this for a friend at work who lost her brother. I was a bit worried when reading the reviews but was very pleasantly surprised when I got the book. The art is cute and the poetry meaningful.
on October 10, 2012
I have actually given this gift a few times with genuine responses that it is beautiful, was just what I needed when I needed it. As I have leaned more in the past years towards donations towards the requested charity or going in with a group on flowers I have used this book as an inexpensive, thoughtful and personal touch to addressing a loss. It is always well received. Sometimes you don't know quite what to say and this book says what you are at a loss to come up with and stays with them.
on October 15, 2005
This book helps with people who lose loved ones. The material inside my help with the grieving process.
on January 14, 2013
I received this as a gift along time ago and thought it was great. So much so that now I give it as a gift to anyone I know who loses someone special. It can never replace that person or fill the void left behind but it can help us keep the memories alive.