5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of education
Best parenting resource I have ever come across. Life changing. So great for learning to instill perserverence and work ethic into children's lives.
Published 19 months ago by Cfichera

3.0 out of 5 stars This is good but not great
I like this CD set but it's not amazing. It's a nice way to spend your time in the car and get inspired, but I can't say I learned how to be a better parent.
Published 9 months ago by michelle maor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of education, May 20, 2013
This review is from: The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Raising Children with Courage, Compassion, and Connection (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this book to any parent!, January 21, 2014
This book is like having a conversation with your best friend about parenting and relating to her/him completely!

This book is NOT a "how to" book and doesn't preach any methods or try to sell a new parenting fad. Brene talks about a handful of subjects associated with raising children and then draws on her personal experiences and scientific research to teach how we can recognize and respond to the emotional development and needs of our children. She is amazing because she shares her and her family's personal stories that any parent can relate to; the book never feels as though she is talking down or telling you how to be a 'better' parent. Brene has a unique and rare ability to teach a reader/listener tools by sharing her experiences and subsequent analysis of her own parenting experiences.

I preordered this book and it was well worth the wait! I've now recommended this 'book' to all of my friends. I'm a little bias, as a I am a huge Brene Brown fan. The format of this book is in 'sessions' which really helps to conceptualize each of the topics. I chose the audio book format so that I could listen to it with my husband. Listening together had benefits I never considered, as we were able to listen to it together (in the car) and pause the book to make comments and have discussions at the end of each segment while things were fresh in our minds. Brene is the narrator (many people complain when there are others narrator her other books), she is very easy to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, September 14, 2013
This is a cd I should listen to once a week! It deals with raising children and the struggles that we face everyday:).... I have an 18 month old and this cd helped tremendously! You don't have to raise your children like your parents raised you!;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but very short, May 19, 2014
This is a CD of one of her talks. It's good, but it's the same information that is in her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelllent, May 20, 2013
Loved this audio book. Shared it with my family! Would recommend to all parents and families who want to be better,

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Moving Workshop for Parents, May 4, 2013
Jasmine (Maplewood, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This is a deeply compassionate view of parenting. Just listening to it helped me to shift some of my responses to my daughter and son, helping us all feel more connected and understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars meaningful, August 8, 2013
I love it! it's profound, true and awaking to power-with parenting! I recommend this as a must to listen to in the car for long hour drive...it makes the ride worth while!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Brene, October 1, 2013
I love this CD set but wish it was longer. I guess I should've bought the book instead of the CD set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy, July 13, 2013
I first saw Brene Brown when she spoke at a company event and really enjoy her style of writing and speaking.
This offers great views on being a good parent without having to be the "perfect" parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential parenting guide !, June 20, 2013
True to her research this is not a "how to" but rather a "how to be" guide. It's not easy stuff but so important in shifting the use of shame as a parenting tool.

$19.95 $14.35