Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 21, 2014
This book is like having a conversation with your best friend about parenting and relating to her/him completely!

This book is NOT a "how to" book and doesn't preach any methods or try to sell a new parenting fad. Brene talks about a handful of subjects associated with raising children and then draws on her personal experiences and scientific research to teach how we can recognize and respond to the emotional development and needs of our children. She is amazing because she shares her and her family's personal stories that any parent can relate to; the book never feels as though she is talking down or telling you how to be a 'better' parent. Brene has a unique and rare ability to teach a reader/listener tools by sharing her experiences and subsequent analysis of her own parenting experiences.

I preordered this book and it was well worth the wait! I've now recommended this 'book' to all of my friends. I'm a little bias, as a I am a huge Brene Brown fan. The format of this book is in 'sessions' which really helps to conceptualize each of the topics. I chose the audio book format so that I could listen to it with my husband. Listening together had benefits I never considered, as we were able to listen to it together (in the car) and pause the book to make comments and have discussions at the end of each segment while things were fresh in our minds. Brene is the narrator (many people complain when there are others narrator her other books), she is very easy to listen to.
on July 25, 2014
This is truly the best parenting book I have EVER read (or listened to). Hands down. I've listened to it twice, and plan to revisit it again; it was life-changing. I have consumed many parenting books, and this one really hits home, dealing with underlying issues that most other books ignore (the importance of self-worth (how parents model this), the difference between guilt and shame and learning how to make connections).

The recording is spoken by Brene Brown herself (not an annoying narrator). It is easy and very engaging to listen to. I wish she read all of her audio books. If you have read other books by Brene Brown, there is some redundancy of information, but this one clearly applies her ideas to parenting in a new way. It is worth listening to; I highly, highly recommend this.
on September 14, 2013
This is a cd I should listen to once a week! It deals with raising children and the struggles that we face everyday:).... I have an 18 month old and this cd helped tremendously! You don't have to raise your children like your parents raised you!;)
on May 20, 2013
Best parenting resource I have ever come across. Life changing. So great for learning to instill perserverence and work ethic into children's lives.
on May 20, 2013
Loved this audio book. Shared it with my family! Would recommend to all parents and families who want to be better,
on May 19, 2014
This is a CD of one of her talks. It's good, but it's the same information that is in her books.
on July 13, 2013
I first saw Brene Brown when she spoke at a company event and really enjoy her style of writing and speaking.
This offers great views on being a good parent without having to be the "perfect" parent.
on January 23, 2016
Oh, to have had this information and understanding when I was a child that I could have lived it for my child. Now, that I know, I can share it with my grandchildren. I have to start where I am to make a difference in the lives of those I love. Brene Brown is so authentic, right on, practical, and powerful in what she has offered to humanity from her research. She has definitely changed my life.
on July 11, 2016
This is fantastic. It's only 2 hours long. It should be listened to by everyone who interacts with kids. Brene is fun to listen to and gives great information. I highly recommend anything she writes/reads.
on August 8, 2013
I love it! it's profound, true and awaking to power-with parenting! I recommend this as a must to listen to in the car for long hour drive...it makes the ride worth while!