Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Gigantic Book of Fishing Stories
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

83%
17%

on May 13, 2007
What a wonderful book! There's a lot of great writing about fishing out there, but I've never come across so much of it gathered in one place. Nick Lyons, who is himself a kind of legend in the fishing world, has assembled a sampling of the best of the classic and contemporary tales, memoirs, essays and poetry.

The Gigantic Book of Fishing Stories is perfect for anyone who fishes, or knows someone who fishes, or loves life out of doors.

I know what I'll be giving as gifts this year.
on July 3, 2007
I bought this for my dad who loves to fish and always tells a great story. I couldn't believe how big it really was. He really liked it.
on April 4, 2007
I loved this book! It has every fishing story you could ever want to read by a collection of famous authors on fishing.
on March 27, 2011
This is a collection of mostly out of copyright stories, with very few exceptions. Many of the stories are tedious and dull. Only a few were worth the trouble.
on December 8, 2009
A lot of great stories that I appreciated a lot as i have been a long time fisherman myself.
Robert E. Milliken author of Stupid In Montana As America
on May 18, 2012
I've been an avid trout fisherman for 50 years and also am enamored of the rich literature of angling. Nick Lyons, many years ago, put together a fine anthology of angling literature (Fisherman's Bounty) but he has outdone himself with this huge collection. It is, indeed, a "Gigantic Book of Fishing Stories" and is wonderful to have on a side table to pick up, read or re-read a couple of stories, and then put it down for another day. I've given six copies as gifts and plan to do more. Congratulations, Prof. Lyons!