5.0 out of 5 stars Another great gingerbread book!
Published on March 21, 2007 by Linda Zupan

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun twist to the gingerbread man
A cute fun read. The book should come with a gingerbread recipe and a cowboy cutter. My little cowboy couldn't wait to make one and re-enact the story! If you are giving one for a present or budding cook include them!
Published on August 10, 2008 by auzzi mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great gingerbread book!, March 21, 2007
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
As a Kindergarten teacher, I am always looking for a new twist on an old story. One of the best ways to help children to start crafting their own stories is to have them use a character they already know and change the setting or other characters in the story to make it their own. This book is a great example of doing this. My class enjoyed the book. When I lent the book to another teacher, her children loved it so they were running around the yard calling Giddy up! as they chased each other. She told me that they didn't have that reaction to the original story!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gingerbread Cowboy, March 8, 2007
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
Great twist on a classic tale. My class of first graders LOVED it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baked Treat Runs Wild in the West, November 2, 2006
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
The classic tale of the gingerbread man searching for freedom with the wrong people goes out west. The artwork is done in a style that accentuates the western theme. Well worth adding to any early reader's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative retake on an old story! Fabulous illustrations!, December 2, 2006
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
This is a great book for the youngest readers! Your little ones will delight in the Gingerbread Cowboy's chase across the barren lands of the Old West as he runs to save his life. Many animals are after him but he manages to outwit them all, even the clever old coyote, with the help of the rancher's wife.

Kids will laugh when they hear the Gingerbread Cowboy chant, " ... You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man." They will certainly enjoy the colorful illustrations of the animals depicted against the contrasting, muted background of the Old West desert and mountains.

Hazel Rochman, BOOKLIST reviewer, describes this story best (see Editorial Reviews above): " ... universal trickster tale with a cowboy slant."

SIDENOTE: You may have noticed that Amazon has made some changes to its website. If it looks the same to you right now, look out for a new format that will be rolling out gradually in the weeks to come. If you can see the changes, especially the review format, I'd like to know what you think. Please leave me a comment with your opinion.

"Love the new look" or "Hate the new look" comments are perfectly acceptable.

My e-mail address is at top of this review. Thank you for your time."

4.0 out of 5 stars Yee HAW!!, May 25, 2008
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
Nifty! It's a great twist on the classic. I collect versions of the Ginger bread. This one is a great addition. I like the ending with the fox/wolf being replaced by a coyote.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, February 4, 2013
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
This book is perfect for comparing and contrasting with the Gingerbread Man! We used it in my 4th grade reading class.

5.0 out of 5 stars We thought it was rootin tootin fun!, January 21, 2013
S. Friedman (Thousand Oaks, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
A great variation on the theme. My wife collect all the variations she can for use in her classroom. This one was well received! They loved it. I loved it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Giddyup!, September 5, 2011
This review is from: The Gingerbread Cowboy (Hardcover)
I bought this book to read to my children. They love it! I also read it to my preschool class and let the kids take turns wearing a cowboy hat as saying the "Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man" part. It was so fun and the illustrations are colorful and gorgeous. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
My son loves this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
Great read!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Gingerbread Cowboy
The Gingerbread Cowboy by Janet Squires (Hardcover - August 1, 2006)
$17.99 $13.62