Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Girls Next Door: Season 6
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on June 9, 2011
This is worst season of the series. I don't like the fact that Holly, Bridget and Kendra are on the cover and they barely appeared on the season. Also, it was boring the whole time. The girls don't have personalities: The twins are just two dumb bimbos, and Crystal is not enough to keep the series interesting as it was, they tried too hard to make her the new Holly but it didn't worked well. Overall, I prefer to believe that this season never existed...
Just don't buy this, please. Better save your money on Holly's and Kendra's spin-offs DVD's.
44 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2011
Im going to confess, when GND season six originally aired on `E!' I took a pass, seeing that the original cast departed, I had no further interest. I wasn't surprised to learn the ratings plummeted and the show was soon canceled following its season/series finale, I assumed I didn't miss much, and I obviously wasn't alone in not watching.

So in seeing this DVD being released this year after its failure, I couldn't help but laugh, but in reading a synopsis I realized the real stars and original cast Holly Madison ,Kendra Wilkinson and Bridget Marquardt were still involved in episodes. Episodes of which I hadn't seen, so I caved and bought this DVD at a fitting low cheap price from a competitor shopping site to add to my GND DVD collection.

This DVD includes the farewell episodes of Holly Madison, Kendra Wilkinson and Bridget Marquardt, as well as the Kendra baby shower one, an absolute upside, because I had never seen those. The truth of the downside of matters is that I was disappointed that the commentary addition to the special features was solely done by the fail triplets that tanked this show Crystal, Karrisa and Kristina. I reluctantly listened to their attempt to do commentary and within minutes I realized there was no entertainment value or special behind the scenes info to be had, with the insertion by which I would assume was Crystal where she says, "we just watch...... and talk about it??" I swiftly turn that crap off, and in the little time I did listen to them commentate it was obvious they were going to be rude and derogatory to the original cast in the small here and there cameos they appeared and just be blatantly moronic, revealing further validity in my opinion that they are the last people that should have been given the position of carrying this show further, and had no respect for the people who made it possible for them to even be there in the first place.

Overall this DVD of GND Season 6 gave me as a fan a horrible closure to a show that was once fully entertaining, and gave me an introduction to some of the most horrible women I have ever seen in television history Crystal, Karrisa and Kristina.
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2011
It is clear that E! wanted to make this season seem more about the old "girls" than it really is. The old girls appear on the cover, several of the menu photos feature the old girls and they appear in many of the deleted scenes.

That was smart on E!'s part because the new girls are not nearly as entertaining as the original three. After watching this entire DVD with commentary from the new girls, I can only say that I am not surprised that this season did as poorly as it did. I wanted to like the new girls but they come across as vapid, catty and vain. I had hoped that this was due to editing on E!'s part, but through the commentary it is easy to see that these girls are truly just vapid, catty and vain. They mock Holly's laugh and mannerisms and make snotty comments like "she looks good for her age." They make rude comments about other bunnies. They clearly have very little in common with Hefner and don't care about him in the way that the old girls appeared to.

The bottom line is that these new girls behave in the way that people assumed the original girls would behave before their season's aired. We were all pleased to discover that the original girls were intelligent, classy, and truly seemed to care about Hefner. The new girls don't share these traits.

Beyond that, Season 6 appears to be much more staged than previous seasons. I don't fool myself into thinking that Reality TV is truly reality, but at a certain point a show begins to feel so staged that it becomes unwatchable. This season teeters on that brink. Commentary from the girls confirms that many of the situations and conversations were staged by the producers.

Huge GND fans like myself will purchase this DVD despite all this because we just can't help ourselves. The commentary is interesting for an inside look at the mansion and the few episodes that feature the old girls are a great reminder of how fun this show used to be. But go ahead and pass on this season if you were hoping for more of the first five season's charm, fun and entertainment. You won't find it here.
on July 22, 2014
The new "girlfriends" have nothing on Holly, Bridget and Kendra. It's like the twins are trying to act like Kendra and Crystal just seems like a fake. As far as I'm concerned 'The Girls Next Door" finished at Season 5.
on May 8, 2015
If Hef had married Holly, none of this would have happened. Hef didnt seem to understand that the fans of GND loved the original girls. I think that he really thought that it didnt matter who he threw into the show that people would automatically watch and love it because of him and his playboy franchise. My favorite part about prior seasons was watching how well they all got along and their genuine love for heff. Its the only reality show where theres no arguing and bickering.
on July 21, 2011
I am NOT a Playboy fan.
I started watching the show in the winter of 2009. I gave it a chance,
I ended up becoming a fan of the show.
Why? I liked Bridget & Holly.

So, I was a late bloomer to getting the actual five seasons of the show on DVD.

This season 6 I do NOT acknowledge. Why? Because the Girls Next Door are Bridget, Holly & Kendra, NOT the runaway bride & those twins who I am guessing were just there to get as much as they could.
So, I only watched three episodes: Bridget's, Holly's & what you would call Kendra's even though Bridget & Holly were in it.

Where you saw the chemistry between Holly & Hefner-you saw ZIP between him & the runaway bride.

I will NOT buy this DVD set-NOT FOR 3 EPISODES.

And, the Kendra episode. So just for TV. Big huge NOT REAL stuff about the runaway bride & those twins buying gifts for Kendra or caring about her to do this. The show did it or Hefner made them because he is still close to Kendra. So fake the runaway bride & the twins.

End of the franchise-which actually happened with season five.

DO NOT BUY THIS, if you are a real TGND fan-we know who the real TGND are, NOT THE RUNAWAY BRIDE & THE TWINS.
on January 11, 2016
The only thing that this season was good for was to close the book that the other girls opened. These girls are mindless. The twins need a lobotomy, crystal needs a personality. All need an education.
on April 18, 2014
The original gals move out and Hef gets three new gals into the mansion, a set of 19-year-old Flordia twins who seem to have the IQ of a cup of room temperature water between them and Crystal. There is occasional skin as they have a 1970's roller skate party and invite Barbi Benton and her daughter.

They go to Las Vegas and see Holly's show, she seems stand-offish, sad. Hef get the twins rolls in Somewhere and Crystal does Playboy July 2011. A backyard campout.

They go to Italy for Hef to receive an award and meet members of the twins' family.

It kinda reaches the point where their talking is pointless and just fast forward to the bare skin.

Then it picks up when Crystal sings a song her father who passed away sang. They do a charity lemonade stand, and attend Kendra's baby shower, Brigette and Holly reappear for that.

Concludes with them making a scrap book of the previous year.
on February 7, 2013
This was an entertaining season, but not as good as the original Girls next Door cast. I still enjoyed watching, but no one could replace Holly, Bridget and Kendra!
on July 11, 2015
Brand new and was delivered quickly. This is the last season of the GND season and I can see why the show didn't get picked back up with the new girls. Curtail has no personality and the twins share on brain cell that is fighting to stay alive. I do wish they would come out with season of just Hef and Cyrstal.