Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Gita Deck: Wisdom From the Bhagavad Gita
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Cards|Change

on May 10, 2008
What a terrific book. Or bunch of cards. Or whatever this is. I'm so very happy that I have one. Spiritual, aesthetically satisfying, and full of content.
review image review image
on October 24, 2013
Wow!! Absolutely breathtaking!! The artwork is unbelievable!! The authors and creators were genius!
The prayers and scriptures are in english, then in Sanskrit, then directly translated in our alphabet from Sanskrit!!
For anyone curious about Hinduism, you will be taken by the beauty of this deck!!!
It makes a beautiful gift!!!!
on March 22, 2006
The Gita Deck is bound to please fans of Hindu artist Indra Sharma. Beautiful reproductions of his art on the outside of the card, interpretations of passages from the Bhagavad Gita on the other side. This won't cover everything in the Gita, but it certainly will give you a taste of the wisdom that the Gita offers.

Be sure to check out Sharma's other deck, Gods and Goddesses. It is equally beautiful!
on March 10, 2013
This is a gorgeous deck : the paintings are just lovely, and the quotations (in sanskrit and in english - with pronunciation and meaning) are lucid and wonderfully chosen. Truly a treasure.
on April 7, 2014
The friend I ordered this for is well-read in Hinduism. She is a yogin and Ayurvedic practitioner. She has very much enjoyed using the cards as a starting point for meditations and has often mentioned how much she enjoys having them.
on June 7, 2015
I didn't find that the art always corresponded to the passages, so if you plan to use these for passage meditation, sometimes it doesn't work all that well. That being said, the images are beautiful and the cards are a handy way to get a passage for the day.
on November 16, 2012
I brought this set to introduce the concepts of the Holy Gita to my children. It is beautifully illustrated. I would recommend it to anyone interested in an intoduction to the Gita.
It comes in a box so storage is easy.
Thanks
on December 27, 2013
The art work is beautiful. The cards are lovely They have Sanskrit verses on them and the English interpretation on them. They don't have any explanations on how to use them. So intuitively I would shuffle them and fan them out then pick a card that I am drawn to each day.
on January 2, 2014
I love this deck. I give out individual cards as gifts to others. They're that incredible. I highly recommend this deck.
on December 6, 2013
This deck is everything i had hoped it would be. From the artwork as others have also mentioned is outstanding on it's own, The translated sanskrit gives me a lot of insight. I love the entire deck. I will read from these cards daily.