Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 30, 2002
Recently, I read The Glass Cage by Judy Levering-Duff. It is a wonderful book for the young reader. The main character, Princess Isabella, a ten year old girl has many adventures and they transform her in a positive way. The book held my interest till the end and Isabella stole my heart.
on December 30, 2007
The Glass Cage: The Adventures of Princess Isabella is an exciting read for children 9-12.

Princess Isabella had the gift of beauty. It was the least her royal parents could do, to share her beauty with the Kingdom of Grom. They had a special glass cage built around her throne. Isabella sat in the cage and looked pretty, while her subjects passed by, admiring her.

One day, the princess was kidnapped from the castle, through a diversion. The princess was put into another cage, to be admired by an ugly troll. One day he forgot to latch the cage,which allowed her to escape.

Princess Isabella wandered through the lonely world, meeting both helpful and harmful creatures. She learned bravery, learned to read and how to take care of herself.

How will Princess Isabella find her way back to her castle home? Will she have to live with her new friends? Will she be harmed by the creatures of the forest? If she goes home, will she have to live in a glass cage?

The Glass Cage is the first in a series of adventures for Princess Isabella. The series continues with the Medallion of Tiben.

I really enjoyed the first in the series of fairy tales, written by Judy Levering Duff and hope to read the other book soon.

The Glass Cage: The Adventures of Princess Isabella will be a good book to read to a class. It will also be a great read-together book for young children. I feel it will help children conquer their fears. I have promised my book to my niece, Isabella, an advanced third-grade reader.

Jill Vanderwood (author)
Through the Rug
Through The Rug 2: Follow That Dog (Through the Rug)
on October 28, 2002
I recieved the GLASS CAGE as a present from a friend. I finished the book in one night because I couldn't put it down (IT'S A GREAT READ!!!)! Where to begin, where to begin...hmm how about the main character, Princess Isabella of Grom? She was the perfect heroine for the book...she had beauty, brains, and 'brawn' to boot! I loved everything about her character, especially how even though she was a princess she didn't act like one, and could survive without being pampered. I also enjoyed the setting of the book, way back when...with all those mythological creatures and everything! All-in-all it was a fabulous book, and I await Mrs. Duff's next book on Princess Isabella's adventures!
on October 28, 2002
Where to begin, where to begin. How about the main character, Princess Isabella of Grom. She was the perfect herione for the book, and I loved how even though she was pampered for most of her life she could survive without all of it. I also loved the setting of the book, way back when with all these mythological creatures...it makes for a much more interesting read. All-in-all I absolutely loved it and thought it was a fabulous book. I await the next book of Princess Isabella's interesting journeys. Great job Mrs. Duff, you've most certainly got the stuff!!!
on May 30, 2007
Myself and two daughters, ages 6 and 8, absolutely loved this book. This was the first children's novel that we all read together. The adventures of Princess Isabella were wonderfully written and described. My girls had so much fun "acting" out the many adventures and obstacles that were found in the book. This book will bring life long memories of our time reading together. My daughters have declared this book to be their favorite and we have given this book as gifts to friends, family and teachers.

I highly recommend this book!
on October 28, 2002
I recieved this book as a b-day present from a friend. Fabulous book! I could not put it down and ended up finishing it in one night! I loved the main character, Princess Isabella and her trials and tribulations throughout the book. I am anxiously awaiting Mrs. Duff's next book of Princess Isabella's adventures!
on October 22, 2002
I loved this book! I couldn't stop reading it. I loved all the charecters like Porkita and Grammy and I loved the scary parts, too. It was funny and exciting. My favorite part was the king and queen of pigs and their daughters. That part was funny. I think other kids would like this book allot!