Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 1, 2013
This book was a great source of tasty gluten-free recipes. We loved everyone so far. Thus, if you are having a hard time eating gluten-free, then this a great book is an ideal purchase.
on June 18, 2013
The recipes are simple, yet delcious. Great being able to come home and being able to cook up a dessert in under and hour. Great recipes, well thought out and very family friendly.
on October 24, 2012
This book gives critical information concerning cooking with almond products. I found the product guide fantastic. The recipes look good but I haven't been able to try many yet.
on September 9, 2012
Really enjoy these recipes especially the scones, muffins and pumpkin pie! Super easy to make and healthy! Excellent if you want to cut out/ or have to cut out wheat & gluten.
on December 21, 2009
I bought this book a few months ago and have used it many many times. Everything I've made has been wonderful, healthy, and easy - and tastes every bit as good as something out of a non-restrictive cookbook. Our favorites are Chicken Fingers, Pancakes, and Cinnamon Apple Muffins (yum!).

My son is on a special diet (SCD/GAPS) and quite often felt cheated and like he had missed out on all the good stuff. He's loving this book - he's got stickies all over marking what he wants me to make next. We've made several of these recipes when his friends have come over - we're talking pizza-eating, soda-guzzling teen-aged boys. They've asked how he could feel cheated when he gets to eat food like this! Several of them have convinced my son to teach them to make some of the muffins to give to their girlfriends - that's how good they are.

The recipes are so versatile that they lend themselves very well to substituting ingredients if you can't have one listed in the recipe. For instance we've used honey instead of agave, coconut oil instead of grapeseed, and coconut flour instead of arrowroot - always with great results.

I'd give it 6 stars if I could! Anxiously awaiting Elana's next book!
on August 19, 2015
My absolute favorite cookbook ever. Simple directions, limited ingredients and tastes great. I get rave reviews when I make any of the recipes out of this cookbook.
on October 10, 2011
Everything I have made has been very good. The recipes are so easy.
My friends are always surprised that gluten- free can be so tasty. I highly recommend this book.
on August 16, 2010
Elana's recipes just modifies gluten filled recipes. She changes the flour she uses. It's that simple, and taste delicious. It's definitely life changing. I love it.
on March 29, 2011
I had never tried almond flour or agave nectar before. Truthfully, I didn't think I would like either, especially since I don't care for almond nuts by themselves. Wow...was I ever wrong!!

I made Elana's carrot cake yesterday, and I was blown away. It is delicious by anyone's standards. The cake was moist rich, and filling. I didn't miss the processed sugar or the wheat flour at all. My family loved it, too. I was so impressed that I bought 10 pounds of almond flour online today (to save money), and I will buy a large bottle of agave nectar, too.

My daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease a few months ago. We've been meandering our way through the "gluten free world of flours," mainly relying on rice flour and tapioca flour varieties. While those do taste good, I actually found that I prefer the almond flour in all respects.

Even if you don't like almonds at all, don't let that deter you. You won't taste the almonds in the flour. It just tastes like a buttery "regular" flour. Unbelievable.

This book is well worth your money. So glad I found this. I'm recommending it to everyone I know, whether they have celiac or not.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
This is the best gluten free recipe book I have ever seen and owned. I have thoroughly enjoyed every recipe I have tried and have not been disappointed with any of them. The instructions are easy to follow and Elana makes even the buying easy for you. You will find all the necessary information on how to enjoy delicious gluten free recipes. Finally, I have delicious recipes for pie crust and sandwich bread. Family and friends that don't need to eat gluten free have asked me for the recipes just because they love them and want to give their digestive system a rest from all the gluten.

The breads are great with nut butters and anything else you would use on wheat bread. I can't wait until she writes another and in the meantime, I will continue to enjoy the delicious and easy to make recipes in this book. My hat off to Elana and may you continue to cook and share your wonderful delicacies.

The recipes are also great for diabetics since they are all so healthy and fall very low on the glycemic index.

I don't know how I survived without this book before.

Thanks so much Elana,