Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 2, 2014
I am really glad I only borrowed this book. Several things to consider. First, the author tells the reader about her favorite flour blend, then the recipes only list one flour. It is obvious she has not tried these recipes as ALL gluten free baking requires a blend of flours. Second, the preface lists very few flours, and these are not listed as substitutions in the recipes as indicated, rather it says to see substitutions. If you are just starting out it would be difficult to make a substitution without knowing what each flour will add to the recipe. Third the binder in these recipes is eggs. Really, 10 eggs in one cake! Xanthan gum is not hard to find. If you can't find it this very website sells it. Lastly she makes a judgement about sorghum flour that is totally untrue.I use it in a blend for all baking. If you want to really know how to bake with gluten free flours google "understanding gluten free flours." There are heavy, medium, and light. Some are sticky and some are not. So you can see why a blend is necessary to get the right consistency, and to help hold it all together.
on October 31, 2014
Don't waste your money. I am a trained chef and this book is terrible! I've been gluten free since last year, when I bought this book, and I'm glad I had the kindle addition which still was not worth the $0.99 as I wasted so much money on all the flours she has in the recipes. Xanthan Gum is easy to find by the way. The ingredients don't match the instructions. When is the liquid in 1 Tbl of vinegar and 2 eggs going to make a dough with 3 cups of flour as in the Irish Soda bread recipe? It was still nothing but slightly crumbly flour. I tried adding another egg and some milk and baked for 35 minutes as instructed and it was still raw in the middle and the exterior was like a rock. The Earl Gray Tea bread is supposed to be poured into the pan but it was just a lump of dough when stirred. Her 1/1/1/1 ratio of a 4 flour blend she recommends at the end of the flour section tastes horrible in anything. Since last year a tremendous number of products have come on the market that actually work. The author should try looking at the ingredients in flour blends both commercial and those in other gluten free books. I have had great success with every other book I've used since this one.
on January 4, 2014
Finally, a gluten free cookbook with great tasting recipes made with easy to find ingredients. I can bake again without feeling like I'm in a chemistry lab. I'm used to cooking with all kinds of exotic ingredients but this book makes baking fun again. I highly recommend it.
on January 17, 2014
I love the ideas but found that the recipes have missing ingredients in the directions or need to be modified to gain the correct consistency.
on November 5, 2013
Gluten free baking bible is just that! Switching from wheat eating to gluten free flours was tough for me being the baker in the family. These baking recipes are Delicious and easy to follow! Great cook book.
on April 16, 2014
Gluten free is not very much fun. I have tried many store bought items and there are NONE that I like. Home cooking it is. Good thing I like to bake. The recipes in this book are really good, so much better than in the store. But lets be truthful, nothing is as good as gluten! But this book is really good. I bought one for my Kindle and then one hard copy. Happy to have them.
on December 20, 2013
Lots of good information and recipes to get started on better eating for your family. Easy to follow recipes for novice cooks.
on June 27, 2014
Awful awful awful awful awful! Mediocre recipes! Glad it was a free book. Don't waste your time or money on it. If I could give this zero stars, I would. Such a waste of time. Go seek Shauna and Daniel Ahern's cookbooks if you need REAL gluten free cookbooks!
on October 28, 2014
15 different flours are given as possibilities for gluten-free alternatives to wheat flour. Her recipes include the use of many if not all or a combination of them. The problem is that I don't want 15 different packages of flour in my pantry, refrigerator and/or freezer. She states after each recipe that calls for flour: "Remember that flours are often interchangeable". She doesn't give measured alternatives as part of any particular recipe. So, unless I want to experiment, I'm stuck with baking only a few of the recipes in this book. For instance I know from experience that coconut flour cannot be substituted cup for cup for almond flour, and that different flours have different properties that they bring to a recipe. I bought the book to eliminate experimenting. Been there; done that. I want to know that when I mix up a recipe, it will be worth the glad expectation, time, effort, and expense.
on February 17, 2015
Loved the cover. Not some unappetizing low quality photo. The inside is as exciting as the outside. Lots explained. This must be because it is imperative to know the root causes of dietary imbalances and why this form of diet should rule in these times.