Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2007 8:15:51 PM PST
The Go Giver makes me want to be a better book reviewer!

No matter what I say to you during the course of this brief book
review, it will fall short of my appreciation for what Bob Burg and
John David Mann have given us in their new book, "The Go-Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea".

When Bob Burg contacted me to confirm my mailing address, I was expecting him to send an updated version of one of my favorite books of his, "Endless Referrals". But, I noticed that he'd already sent the latest version of Endless Referrals to me, as well as to more than 24 members of MyLinkedinPowerForum.com

But, whatever Bob needed my address for, I knew to expect something good.

However, I did not expect something THIS good! :-)

Let me be candid with you: Though I'm a rabid book lover, my book review skills aren't that polished, yet. I'm still seeking a means of systematically and consistently reviewing the wonderful array of books sent to me.

That aside, let me just talk to you book lover to book lover:::::
You're going to LOVE "The Go-Giver"! :-)

If I were in position to do so, I'd immediately give 100 copies to the 100 members closest to me in all my networks: IMMEDIATELY!

And I'd want to immediately give those 100 books to those 100 people for this simple reason: The concepts in The Go-Giver can not only help you to do business better, they can even help you with your marriage, your relationship with your kids, your parents, your siblings, your neighbors, your colleagues, your bosses, your employees.

If you want to understand or be reminded of the heart and essence of what real networking is about, both on the microscopic and macroscopic levels, I whole-heartedly encourage you to read The Go-Giver. And if you really want to enhance your relationships and your networking, I encourage you to give someone a copy of The Go-Giver and discuss it with those with whom you want to have vibrant, fruitful relationships.

When I become a better book reviewer, I'm going to give myself a
second chance to come back and review The Go-Giver, again! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2007 4:58:40 AM PST
how is thias book different from the original one written by Vashni Young?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2007 5:04:09 AM PST
Hi, Allison,
Simple answer?: I don't know.

I'm not familiar with Vashni Young. Please take a moment to share your overview of Young's work. I'd be interested to find out more.

--
Thanks,
Vincent Wright
www.VincentWright.com (Linkedin Profile)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.com (Yahoo)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.biz (Linkedin)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.net (Facebook)
www.MyLinkedinPowerForum.org (Ning)

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 11:02:33 AM PST
Why is the kindle version of this book so pricey? Going to the library!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 9:42:56 PM PST
JLP says:
I was wondering the same thing!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about