5.0 out of 5 stars amazing artwork
I bought this book for my girlfriend, that loved it when she was little, but lost the book in a moving.

This book is really charming and very imaginative. The explanations and names of the creatures are very amusing, the illustrations are amazing, and the talent of the author shows.

However, it is more a goblin catalog than a fantasy book or novel,...
Published on February 14, 2008 by urindar

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved this movie I expected more from this book
I remember when Labyrinth first came out I watched it over and over. I thought this book would delve into the world of Labyrinth in detail. No such luck. It's nice and I love Brian Froud's drawings but not as great as I hoped.
Published on February 9, 2007 by J. E. Krummert

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing artwork, February 14, 2008
urindar (Barcelona, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)

However, it is more a goblin catalog than a fantasy book or novel, so be sure of what you are buying. It is an artbook, not a tale or a novel. It can be enjoyed anyway by young and old, I think, but it is what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reprint with good extra material !, November 15, 2006
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
As an owner of the original 1986 print I was very pleased with this reprint. The paper is strong and the printing looks very good.

At the end there are a few new extra pages with some interesting never before seen concepts by Mr. Froud.

I wish there will be a Making of photo book someday, but as for now this is the must own book for LABYRINTH fans.

Oh, and forget the RETURN TO THE LABYRINTH Manga...please! ;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved this movie I expected more from this book, February 9, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Fantasy, February 12, 2008
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
Brian Froud, the creative genius behind Jim Henson's The Labyrinth, presents his concept illustrations for the film in this beautiful book. Written as a long-lost "archeological find," this book catalogues a variety of different goblins who allegedly lived 60 million years ago. It was a delight to see some of the original sketches that would eventually evolve into puppets from one of my favorite movies as a child. The best part was the afterward. There's not too much content, but I love the idea of a whimsical brainstorming session with Jim Henson in the back of a limo and the evolution of David Bowie into Jared the Goblin King. This is a great coffee table book for any fan of The Labyrinth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love goblins!, June 16, 2009
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
This is the most complete version of Goblins of Labyrinth you could hope for. First published in 1986 it was later reprinted in 1996 as The Goblin Companion: A field guide to goblins and then reprinted again 2006 this is the most complete version of Goblins of Labyrinth you could hope for. The 1996 version was somewhat cut down and lacked several pages of art work. This version contains a new afterward and will not disappoint any true Labyrinth fan. The art work is stunning and you finally get to learn several names of our beloved Goblin Muppets.

The art work is great and the text (by Monty Python's Terry Jones) is hilarious. This is my favouite Brian Froud book followed closely by Goblins! and Good Faeries / Bad Faeries. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, July 8, 2011
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
I've been a fan of Labyrinth since I was a child. Born in the 90s but I love 80s movies. As a fan of the movie, this was just a spectacular find for me! The details and characters are amazingly put together with their stories. Very enjoyable and worth your money if you collect Labyrinth memorabilia. Or even if you're not a fan--and just want some references of goblins to practice. The book is in great shape and it's large enough to enjoy for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Smorgasbord of Delight, June 3, 2011
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
The illistrations in this book are amazingly beautiful. If you are a fan of the Labyrinth movie then you will absolutely love this book. It is well written and takes you to a place that most of us can only experience in our dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must own for any Labyrinth/Jim Henson/Froud Fan, January 21, 2011
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
As someone raised on Jim Henson's movie, "The Labyrinth", this hardcover book was certainly a well welcomed addition to my library. I adore this book- the sketches are very interesting and detailed and each goblin has an oh-so-witty description and name. You'll recognize many of the goblins you saw in the film plus some. This book also includes a few large, two-page pieces of art (so beautiful!). There's also a very interesting section at the back where Brian Froud discusses how Jim Henson and him came up with the story for Labyrinth (apparently Brian Froud's baby played the part of Toby in the movie...there's other interesting little facts of this nature), as well as he also discusses what it was like to work with David Bowie. This book is beautiful quality- large, hardcover with a shiney paper cover. I would go ahead and purchase this if you're a true Labyrinth fan...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Froud is a master of fantasy!, February 27, 2009
Abby "Rexgrl" (Atascadero, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
This is an exquisite book full of familiar characters from one of my favorite movies. I especially loved the description of when Brian gave David Bowie a pan flute! If you love the movie this book is a must! If you also like Dark Crystal you should get the book about it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handled my books like they were gold, January 6, 2008
This review is from: The Goblins of Labyrinth (Hardcover)
I order 2 books from the vender. To my surprise they came as if they were worth gold. Of course to me they were. but they were bound in heavy plastic packed to protect them and shipped in heavy in cardboard. I will order from this vendor anytime I see their name on a book I want, even if they are not the least expensive,because these 2 books I ordered from them have absoultely no tell tail signs of being used.
To see pictures of these books please go to laneiam@aol.com and see shared pictures dated 1/6/08

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Goblins of Labyrinth
The Goblins of Labyrinth by Terry Jones (Hardcover - September 1, 2006)
$32.50 $22.95