Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 14, 2008
I bought this book for my girlfriend, that loved it when she was little, but lost the book in a moving.

This book is really charming and very imaginative. The explanations and names of the creatures are very amusing, the illustrations are amazing, and the talent of the author shows.

However, it is more a goblin catalog than a fantasy book or novel, so be sure of what you are buying. It is an artbook, not a tale or a novel. It can be enjoyed anyway by young and old, I think, but it is what it is.
on November 15, 2006
As an owner of the original 1986 print I was very pleased with this reprint. The paper is strong and the printing looks very good.

At the end there are a few new extra pages with some interesting never before seen concepts by Mr. Froud.

I wish there will be a Making of photo book someday, but as for now this is the must own book for LABYRINTH fans.

Oh, and forget the RETURN TO THE LABYRINTH Manga...please! ;-)
on January 12, 2013
This book is absolutely wonderful for any Labyrinth, Jim Henson, or Brian Froud fans! The illustrations are magical, and the character descriptions are so clever. It's a book you really need to read thoroughly, as there are gems on every page. From the imperfections in the paper to the little notes on the drawings, it makes you feel like you're really going through the creative process with Mr. Froud. His witty comments and the lovely afterword make this an excellent find. It's a unique coffee table book, and a great conversation piece.
on April 10, 2014
I'm a fan of Jim Henson and loved Labyrinth. The book is a good addition to the film, and is filled with Brian Froud's concept art for the film. The artwork is great, and there are many high quality pictures of Froud's more professional works like a happy baby Toby surrounded by skeptical looking goblins. The written portions of the book are funny and imaginative, blending well with the art. Not all of the concept art made it into the book, and I found one or two goblin sketches in Imagination Illustrated, the Jim Henson Journal (see page 165) that weren't printed here, and there are no sketches of the Fireys. But considering that Froud made hundreds of sketches I suppose the line had to be drawn somewhere on what was put in or left out.

I count this book as one of my favorites.
on July 8, 2011
I've been a fan of Labyrinth since I was a child. Born in the 90s but I love 80s movies. As a fan of the movie, this was just a spectacular find for me! The details and characters are amazingly put together with their stories. Very enjoyable and worth your money if you collect Labyrinth memorabilia. Or even if you're not a fan--and just want some references of goblins to practice. The book is in great shape and it's large enough to enjoy for a long time.
on April 25, 2014
I love Brian Froud. This was a wonderful way to showcase his work for one of my favorite movies, Labyrinth. It is set up much like a field guide and has some interesting funny commentary on the creatures he created. Great piece for collection or just if you are a fantasy geek like myself.
on March 30, 2016
This is beautifully illustrated, and if you are a Labyrinth fan, this should be part of your collection. It goes over tons of goblins, some you recognize and some you don't, but you will learn so much as you dive into the Underground once more!
on June 3, 2011
The illistrations in this book are amazingly beautiful. If you are a fan of the Labyrinth movie then you will absolutely love this book. It is well written and takes you to a place that most of us can only experience in our dreams.
on June 16, 2009
This is the most complete version of Goblins of Labyrinth you could hope for. First published in 1986 it was later reprinted in 1996 as The Goblin Companion: A field guide to goblins and then reprinted again 2006 this is the most complete version of Goblins of Labyrinth you could hope for. The 1996 version was somewhat cut down and lacked several pages of art work. This version contains a new afterward and will not disappoint any true Labyrinth fan. The art work is stunning and you finally get to learn several names of our beloved Goblin Muppets.

The art work is great and the text (by Monty Python's Terry Jones) is hilarious. This is my favouite Brian Froud book followed closely by Goblins! and Good Faeries / Bad Faeries. I highly recommend this.
on January 6, 2008
I order 2 books from the vender. To my surprise they came as if they were worth gold. Of course to me they were. but they were bound in heavy plastic packed to protect them and shipped in heavy in cardboard. I will order from this vendor anytime I see their name on a book I want, even if they are not the least expensive,because these 2 books I ordered from them have absoultely no tell tail signs of being used.
To see pictures of these books please go to laneiam@aol.com and see shared pictures dated 1/6/08
review image review image review image