5.0 out of 5 stars On Point, March 9, 2000
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
I knew the author back in the 70's and 80's and find the book to be consistant with his life and practice. His emphasis on the knowledge of God is both biblical and well expressed. I found the book to be spiritually stimulating and awakening afresh the desire to meditate on the Atributes of God and to pursue a deeper knowledge of Him. The book is well rounded balancing truth with application. A must for any serious Christian to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Answers the question Who is God and why you need to know Him, November 7, 1999
Kelly Hudson (Rome, GA 30165) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
I am reading the book for the fourth time in seven years. Reading the book made me realize that it is more important to know "who God is" than "How a Christian is supposed to live" because if you really know God, you can't help but live the way He wants you to.
The book will always remain in my reread library because each time through has provided additional insight into "How to please the Father"

5.0 out of 5 stars read this book!, March 2, 2014
A great resource to help you sort out earthly from eternal needs. Just reading the book will uplift your spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The God I Hoped Was There..., December 1, 2009
The God You Can Know
The God You Can Know brought our Father in heaven down to earth and sat Him right beside me during this excellent read. DeHaan made me feel like I've known God all along, and that He has always been there, waiting for me to return home. Simply stated, God is love and He yearns for our love in return. He searches us out. He will go to extremes to capture our love. He gave up His son to prove His love for us. He wants us back. We owe God that love, as our Father. Further, DeHaan reminds us why God created us (to fellowship with Him) and that we are forgiven (so get on with it since every sin, after we accept Christ, is as if it never happened in the first place). Finally, I learned that many of us today (wrongfully) find their joy and security in what they do for God rather than in what they are to God. A must read. A must have. A joyous reunion with God through the pages of this book.

Brandon Pope
Speaker & Author of: Spiritual lessons from WALL STREET
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars systematic theology for the beginner, April 25, 2008
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
I have known about this book since the early eighties when I read it as a college student seeking answers to hard questions. What I found here was, perhaps, new and better questions--Like, Who is God? How can I know Him? How will knowing Him change me? I have used this book numerous times in small group studies and given it away more times than I can count. It is solid biblically and theologically, as well as warm, inspiring and devotional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, September 4, 2013
Used this as a book study with some ladies from church. Loved it! We had great discussions surrounding his topics. Definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man behind the Curtain unveiled, July 20, 2014
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
Outstanding book, I bought this during a time of grief. I am going to read it again. It is exactly what it's called...it teaches you who God really is and how/why we are meant to and should desire to live by his model and morals. I never thought about it in the way he stated/ruminates on it. This is a great book for an agnostic, someone who is struggling through hard times or faith and also, for me as well--someone who lives by their own sense of morality (and a strong sense of justice/right and wrong) but still with no purpose or understanding of why what God wants for me is the best, safest and most intimate way to feel closer and more protected by His promises. I really had no idea. I shut up and was humbled by all that I did not know. For hurting people I think this book would also pair well with Charles Stanley's "The Blessings of Brokenness," though I would only give them consecutively.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, June 23, 2014
I read this book over 30 years ago but didn't realize at the time just how rich in spiritual insight this classic is. I am glad I read it again and recommend it for anyone wanting to grow in their faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Read!, April 15, 2014
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
Excellent work that helps believers understand the fatherly care of the living God. Dan DeHaan's ministry fleshed out in writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, March 18, 2013
This review is from: The God You Can Know (Paperback)
If you want to be challenged about your view of God, this book is for you! It has blown me away the depth that God is.

The God You Can Know
The God You Can Know by Dan DeHaan (Paperback - January 1, 2001)
$13.99 $12.53