5.0 out of 5 stars Serendipity
Published on February 2, 2012 by Barbara Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit out there
I like the beginning of this book and its focus on moving negative energy. I think there are very positive and useful ideas here. The further you read it gets very heavy into new age practices which I'm not into. Not that there is anything wrong with that - to each their own.
Published 13 months ago by Laura

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Serendipity, February 2, 2012
This is one of the few books that I didn't get from Amazon. I mainly stopped in to Barnes & Noble (can I mention them??) for a magazine, and I walked by a table with this book on it, and it was like my attention was rivited. I glanced thru it, and knew I just had to have it. That day. I read the whole thing that afternoon. Then, next day, I re-read it, highlighting what was most important to me. I might mention that I have been thru a terrible year, with illness and death in my family, and a terrible eye operation that has left me with some vision but very dependent on glasses. I was in a bad place, emotionally and physically. I needed "helpers", and I have learned who to call, and how to call them. I have set up a small altar, found a personal talisman, learned how to clear my space, got some White Chestnut flower essence, even joined the Curves in my neighborhood for exercise and for meeting folks. I found this book at the right time for me. It is packed with information and tips. It's the best one I've ever read. I truly hope Tess Whitehurst reads reviews, because she sure has gotten me out of the dumps, and got me on the road to personal empowerment. I wholeheartedly recommend this great little book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Energy Book, April 5, 2012
I'm usually dubious of the books Llewellyn.com pushes as "top picks," since they cater to mainstream new-agers, but this little book is truly a gem.

This is a helpful book simply for its practical advice, whether or not you're magically inclined, but do keep an open mind. Some of the exercises in the book might seem a little silly (blessing the cleaning supplies, and starting the day by talking to yourself, to name a few) but the techniques yield noticeable positive results if you simply have faith. A lot of what we call 'magic' is really just applied psychology. I also like that Tess explains why it works in a straightforward way, rather than merely listing off the motions to go through and letting you assume it is the work of some god/dess somewhere responding to your call. The writing is clean and concise, and you can feel the author's genuine good wishes radiating off the pages. For people who already have a magical background, a lot of the information she presents will be 'old hat,' but the odds are Tess includes something somewhere that didn't occur to you before. I particularly like the section about smudge alternatives for space clearing, recipes included, where almost every other author will tell you to smudge your house and have done with it. It's little things like that, and in-depth instructions/explanations for getting rid of all sorts of residual psychic crap from yourself and your space, that make this a good reference for years to come.

Overall: good book for beginners who want a taste of energy work without jumping into the deep end, but the author goes into enough depth to provide valuable supplemental material for magicians/witches/clairvoyants/sensitives etc of any practical level. Strongly recommend.

My only complaint is that the author has an obvious bent toward veganism/neohippie fad-ism and claims on multiple occasions that meat-eaters are spiritually harming themselves, nevermind that certain amino acids which some of us require are only obtainable from meat. It's easy enough to ignore those few sentences in the book, but if you're like me and sick to death of vegan-hippie propaganda trying to overrule your personal health concerns, it is mildly annoying and I kindly suggest that the author refrain from imposing on readers in this way in books that are intended toward an audience encompassing all spiritual paths.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Energy, December 19, 2011
"The Good Energy Book" by Tess Whitehurst includes soothing information on increasing the essence of positive and loving energy in life. The following details really resonate with me:
Chapter Three (Enlisting Help): Pages thirty-one to fifty-two discuss the beneficial effects of calling on the divine for an increase of good energy. The information on the spiritual archetypes of Archangel Michael, Saint Germain, and Merlin struck an emotional note with me.
Chapter Ten (Good Habits and Spiritual Maintenance): Pages one seventy-one to one eighty-six disclose details that I only wish existed in my awareness three years ago. Helpful details are mentioned on what can be done to indirectly raise receptivity to healing energy (my personal favorites: spending time in nature and journaling).
"The Good Energy Book" by Tess Whitehurst is ideal for those who like the "Magical Housekeeping" guide and/or ideas on attracting more happy energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, January 29, 2012
I bought this book because I love Magickal Housekeeping and I was not disappointed. I find all of her tips to be easy to implement and enjoyable to do. I have already noticed a difference in my home and practice. This book definitely has a place on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing energy boost, May 5, 2012
Amy (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This book was just what I needed to jump-start my spiritual life and get back on track again. Tess's positive energy and outlook are contagious! I appreciate that she really goes into detail about the "hows" and "whys" of different spiritual practices and space-clearing techniques. This book isn't just about keeping your home and space clear, though--she also discusses spiritual practices that can help you keep your own personal energy vibrant and positive, too. I have been practicing her morning meditation routine for several days now and am already noticing a difference in my energy and outlook on life. The one chapter I was dreading, "Earthbound Entities 101" (the idea always freaks me out--although I love watching ghost shows I don't want to face this in real life!), ended up being one of my favorite chapters because she covered the topic in such a loving , down-to-earth way that I felt much of my fear around the topic dissolve. For most of the practices in the book she gives several options from lengthy-and-involved to short-and-sweet so you can clear your space or yourself based on the time and supplies you have to invest in the practice. This book is definitely worth a read if you need to add some more positive energy to your home, life and spiritual practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and handy, December 8, 2012
This review is from: The Good Energy Book: Creating Harmony and Balance for Yourself and Your Home (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It's concentrating on removing negative and stagnant energy from your life and home, and being infused with positivity, health, love, etc. The methods listed in the book such as space energy clearing, affirmations, invoking spirit guides or archangels are all easy to do. There are even quick fix methods if you're in a hurry. The book teaches you methods to heal your life and to maintain spiritual health and positive energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Overall Helpful Guide Book To Bring Positive Energy into Every Aspect of Your Life, August 5, 2012
This book has it all and is a great resource! Everything from clearing your home, objects, and self. Also wonderful invocations and ideas to help you bring some good energy your way. Love the meanings of scents and mists. Helps bring balance to you mind body and spirit. Anyone who is sensitive to energy will love this book and wondered how they ever lived without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Energy!, January 31, 2012
After reading Magical Housekeeping, I couldn't wait to read Good Energy! Tess has such a perfect way of explaining all of the concepts! Her tips are spot on - she has been such a help to make our house a wonderful home! This is a book that I will recommend to all of my friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Energy and engaging delivery!, January 25, 2012
Tess' expertise and informed enthusiasm shines through her words, inspiring you to step into your own self-empowered being, and live your life from the best in you. Her "good energy" is contagious and would support anyone to live a healthy and positive life. This is a fun and practical guide for harmonizing your actions, emotions, and lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped clear some energy from my home., February 14, 2013
This was a very insightful, easy to follow, how-to book on clearing energy in your home. I recently purchased an old 1915 home. The owner on record lived there for 75 years and passed away in the home. The house had good energy, but I was feeling something "stuck" in the corner of my bedroom. This book helped me clear the energy. If you believe in energy, pick up a copy of this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›