5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life According to Hemingway
Everything in this book, with the exception of some photos, was taken from Hotchner's Papa Hemingway. So there is no original input here.
Published on May 23, 2009 by Joseph Walsh

2.0 out of 5 stars FAST READ -- NOT MUCH MEAT
Basically a series of quotes with few real insights. A money book for the author. I read it in two hours and couldn't remember one noteworthy item after four. There are much better works on Hemingway, so buy used or save your money.
Published on May 4, 2008 by zelda

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life According to Hemingway, May 23, 2009
Joseph Walsh (White Plains, NY USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Introduction to Hemingway, January 6, 2010
This review is from: The Good Life According to Hemingway (Hardcover)
It's a fair question about Hemingway: Where does one start to learn about him?

This book is as good a place as any. It's well designed, easy to read, and nicely illustrated.

If you're a Hemingway afficianado, you're unlikely to learn much that's new, though you may enjoy the presentation.

If you're new to Hemingway--or just wondered who was this legendary writer who made his life a work of performance art--you may find this book fun and informative.

Having read as much of and about Hemingway as I could get my hands on, I just enjoy dipping into this now and again. It brings a smile to me and seems to bring pleasure to others, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Hype for Hotchner, May 27, 2009
This review is from: The Good Life According to Hemingway (Hardcover)
I just received Hotchner's book, The Good Life According to Hemingway...and although I have a collection of 16 books already on Hemingway, including Hotchner's Papa Hemingway, this collection is by far the most readable, the most enjoyable, and worth every penney. I have read over and over again Hemingway's famous quotes, "a moveable feast" and
the rest, but some of his quotes herein are some I have never encountered:
"I know I wear a beard, but if you look closely, I'm no Santa Claus." This would make a splendid gift for the "uninitiated" in the life of Hemingway.

4.0 out of 5 stars keep this book nearby, August 16, 2010
This review is from: The Good Life According to Hemingway (Hardcover)
For necessary attitude adjustments. I keep mine bedside to straighten how all the BS that's accumulated in my head after work, etc. Mr. Hemingway had great perspective.

2.0 out of 5 stars FAST READ -- NOT MUCH MEAT, May 4, 2008
zelda "zak006" (westlake village, ca, United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars THE GOOD LIFE IN PERSPECTIVE, December 26, 2012
B. P. McSherry (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This book brings together many of Hemingway's impressions of what comprises the good things in life, the fun, the adventures. Perhaps he should have reviewed these ideas and concepts before he pulled the trigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Life, September 16, 2009
This review is from: The Good Life According to Hemingway (Hardcover)
I'll be honest with you, I'm a fan of Hemingway and his work, so it won't come as a surprise that I like this book. I read "The Good Life According to Hemingway," as soon as it arrived in the mail. Three times. I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to anyone. The anecdotes are as interesting and engaging as the photos.

2.0 out of 5 stars EARNING A LIVING, September 29, 2008
This review is from: The Good Life According to Hemingway (Hardcover)
i don't know. but in reading about hotchner, i get the feeling that basically he's made a living being an 'ex hemingway friend.' book after book, article after article...why doesn't he let the man rest in peace? should we send the royalty check to hotcher, or to hemingway's surviving family???

4.0 out of 5 stars good life, March 29, 2014
Hemingway was quite a wit. Had some great lines. this is a book of sayings that the great man made

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could rate it higher, March 4, 2014
I was hoping for an interesting read about an exceptional writer and personality instead of what read like little more than one-liners. I was disappointed.

ARRAY(0xa322c150)

The Good Life According to Hemingway
The Good Life According to Hemingway by Ernest Hemingway (Hardcover - April 29, 2008)
Used & New from: $5.82