Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 27, 2011
It's hard to compete with online recipe websites that allow you to search and browse 24/7. That said, I have stilled pulled out this cookbook often over the last couple years of owning it. I use it more as a reference for basic recipes that I know are going to be solid. In comparison, I use online recipe sites when I have a few ingredients and need to round out a meal or when I'm browsing for new ideas.

When I cook for a holiday gathering, this book is the book I use because I know the recipes have been tried-and-true. Exhibit A: Bourbon Cheesecake. It was a huge hit at Thanksgiving and I think I am now required by my family to make it every year.

When I want a good, classic recipe, this is the cookbook I use as well. Exhibit B: Hepburn Brownies. I have probably made those about ten times now and it is the best brownie recipe I have ever made.

The recipes are not old-boring-classic, but rather tested-over-time-classic. Gourmet lives up to its high standard of using excellent ingredients in innovative ways and not cutting corners. Sure, you could find a recipe for bourbon cheesecake or brownies online. But a Gourmet recipe from this book calls for ingredients, preparation and care that shows in that finished bite. A recipe making it into this book trumps any number of online recipe reviews. Excellent addition to the epicurean bookshelf.
on October 15, 2014
perfect condition
on January 24, 2009
Good price and the Chef I gave it to was very pleased!
Fast delivery, too!