From the Back Cover
Who is the real Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Investigative journalist and number one New York Times bestselling author Ian Halperin reveals the true and untold story about this larger-than-life and often outrageous figure
From his childhood in Austria to his rise as a star ofAmerican conservative politics, the story of ArnoldSchwarzenegger’s life reads like the script of a HollywoodB-movie penned by Horatio Alger. In this exclusivepeek behind the curtain, award-winning scoop hunterIan Halperin wades through the myths and rumors todiscover the real Arnold behind the icon, a man definedby unbridled ambition and an unending quest for power.
Based on extensive research, undercover forays, andcandid interviews with many of the Terminator’s closefriends and peers, Halperin brings the myth to life with:
- a riveting journey through Schwarzenegger’s pastto explore his relationship with his abusive father andhis feelings toward the Nazi party.
- insights into the shadowy world of bodybuildingand Schwarzenegger’s early steroid use.
- an investigation of Schwarzenegger’s reputation asa bully and a womanizer, including his alleged affairs and public accusations of sexual harassment—behavior that earned him the nickname “the Groper.”
- an in-depth look at his long-standing fascination withthe Kennedys and his remarkably seamless assimilation into his wife’s fabled family.
- a detailed look into Maria’s startling weight loss.
- an analysis of Schwarzenegger’s political career,revealing him to be a surprisingly effective and talentedgovernor.
- the behind-the-scenes machinations of the Kennedyfamily to influence Schwarzenegger’s political agenda.
And finally Halperin uncovers the never-before-told details of an incredible and audacious plan for Schwarzenegger to attempt to rewrite the Constitution and run for president of the United States.
About the Author
Ian Halperin is the author of ten books, including NewYork Times bestsellers Unmasked: The Final Years ofMichael Jackson and Love & Death: The Murder of KurtCobain. Specializing in undercover investigations, he hasappeared on hundreds of media outlets around the world,including the Today Show, Dateline, The Howard Stern Show, CNN, CBS’s The Early Show, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, The New Yorker, the New York Post, Billboard, the BBC, Paris Match, and the LondonDaily Mail. Halperin is also an acclaimed documentaryfilmmaker and a former co-winner of Rolling Stonemagazine’s College Journalism Award. He has given talks about Hollywood and the music industry as a keynote speaker at many colleges and universities. His blog, ianundercover.com, is one of the world’s leading websites about pop culture.