Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 8, 2014
The author has been able with this book to make a very important and relevant subject accessible to everyone. The wisdom is captured and presented alongside a collection of beautiful, thought-provoking quotes and poems. As I began to read this work I found myself being quickly drawn into the stories and references to many spiritual, wisdom texts. I come from a Christian tradition, and found the material was opening up scriptural references I had known for many years in a refreshing and relevant new way. Actually this way appears to be ancient, it just can seem new to a contemporary audience that has not yet been exposed to the opportunity to find deeper meaning in the second half of life. The presentation of these truths is done in way that celebrates and honors all faith traditions. Ms. Singh has provided an very accessible means to avail yourself to some core wisdom that can start a life transformation that will bring much joy! I want to find a way to share this with a group of friends, maybe a reading/discussion group!! Can't wait!
on August 7, 2014
Superb!!! As the author mentions, the book is appropriate for a person of any age group. You do have to be willing to take a look inside and come to terms with the stark reality that we are all aging - from the moment of birth...obviously. I often take for granted every second I have and look back on regrets rather than moving forward with some sort of peace that it is all "okay". Kathleen Dowling Singh's book sets the stage for one to embark on a journey of self reflection. For me, I read the book as a step by step process of coming to grips, and more importantly embracing, the reality of life and aging. It was an absolute pleasure to read and a tool that I will refer to often.
on September 10, 2014
I was first introduced to Kathleen Singh’s work through a well known retreat leader who mentioned the helpfulness of her book, The Grace in Dying. At that time I was in my early 60’s and newly diagnosed with a life threatening disease.This book was an amazingly useful tool to help me navigate this time as well as the years following.
Now turning 70, I am even more in the category of “aging.” The Grace in Aging has become another useful tool in “gathering the conditions” which lead to a fuller life while both aging and dying, both part of the life process.
I have a favorite quote at this point. There is one on every page. In referring to the Sanskrit word usually translated as “emptiness “ or “void," she describes the word as originally derived from the Sanskrit for “zero." She states, “Zero is the point where form and formlessness meet in perfect balance. This is the awakened state. To live at the zero point is to be liberated.”
You may be “an aspiring zero.” To live the remaining years of life as a “zeros” would be truly grace. Kathleen Singh’s newest book wisely offers resources to put ourselves in the way of such grace.
on August 7, 2014
Saw her article in the Oneing ezine by Richard Rohr and had to get her book. Clear concise and remarkable. I am in the beginning of the book but had to start the aging questionnaire. I am aging, work with seniors and am intentional about my journey. The Grace in Aging tells the truth about process, being here now and loss...and with truth as a springboard, she invites us to see the Grace - which is beyond what our society can ever understand.

I have been looking for something so real...thank you KDS
on January 3, 2015
I have ordered extra copies and have give several to friends. Other friends are ordering their own. I found the book to
be well written and helpful. I am 76 years old and most of my friends are in a similar age range. Some are ill and beginning
the active dying process. I treasure this book as it helps me settle and be accepting.
on March 27, 2015
At 71, after having recently lost my mother and younger sibling and receiving a scary medical diagnosis myself, my own mortality became very clear to me. My time is limited; possibly quite limited. I felt compelled to make these last years about my spirituality. I then stumbled upon this book. It was exactly what I needed to help me understand
the appropriateness and significance of this call to spiritual focus, and it gave me directions to maintain and deepen my intention. It is one of the most helpful books I've come across that addresses this time of life.
on June 15, 2016
I read Dr. Singh's book on dying after I lost my partner suddenly and unexpectedly, and of the many (maybe 40) books that I read seeking to understand life, death, and grief, it made the most sense. But I was afraid, and it took another 18 months after I had purchased it, to read this book. I had experienced a resurgence of profound and intense sadness almost to the point of suicide. I could see nowhere to go. Life was empty. The sole source of love, of friendship, my sustenance was gone, I was living in a sea of emptiness, aloneness. From this vantage point when I consulted my Kindle library for my next book (reading as escape from pain), I was drawn to this book. It was time. I can only say that Dr. Singh is the closest friend you ever had, a soulmate, a person of such discerning wisdom and compassion that you feel warm and secure held in the embrace of lovingkindness. Not a guru, not a therapist, not a spiritual advisor or a life coach, perhaps a mother? Words fail me, but she is the real deal.
on December 20, 2014
BEAUTIFUL! I wish this book would have been available in my 50's.
Now in my 80's, I am enjoying every chapter. Kathleen Dowling Singh
is a gifted and blessed writer....surrounded in wisdom and love. A MUST
read for everyone....old and young.
on September 4, 2014
This is a profoundly moving book. Not only does it deal with all of the issues of aging, but it is a clear description of the spiritual process of aging and how one might access the way to move forward in the spiritual journey in a dramatic way. I cannot recommend it more highly! It is a treasure!

Dr Susan Matthews
on December 7, 2014
This book must have been written with me in mind, or else it is just great timing. It takes a definite intention to get the message. I was ready for that. I am grateful for the author's effort. I hope to get more out of it in the next reading, it is that good.