5.0 out of 5 stars Great Information

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool but not what I expected
Published 16 months ago by E. Baxter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Information, March 7, 2011
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
Yes, there are plenty of sample projects for you to do in this book, but I think the best part of it was how in each project, there were explanations on what to do to get a desired result. For example, if you were to design a logo, it would explain what to look for in the competition, how to beat them, and how to interpret the information you've gathered to complete a design. It was a good refresher for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, February 21, 2011
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
This book was purchased for a graphic design course I was taking. Usually at the end of each semester I would sell back my books however this book I kept as it is very useful and informative. It has soo many great exercises that help keep everything I learned fresh in mind. Very useful and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, December 5, 2010
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
I haven't finished the book yet, but from what I've completed I really like it. Reminds me of assignments I'd get in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 23, 2012
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
It was really helpful for my college course and also for personal uses as well. I'd recommend it to anyone with an interesting in bettering their graphic design work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Designer Beginners challenge, March 14, 2014
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
Graphic Designers that view themselves as Beginners to intermediate, that want to explore creative challenges and practice easy to do exercises, will find this book a user friendly book. It contains simple exercises, assignments or challenges and is easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Project and Exercises, January 27, 2014
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
The book has projects but as a teacher I was looking for short projects for students. I am not returning the book as it does have several good ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool and portfolio builder, May 22, 2014
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
I am an upcoming junior in college studying design and photography. I went on my very first interview for an internship and the individual told me to add more of my own work that was done outside of school. I saw this book in Barnes and Noble (FYI buy the book online because I spent about $30 on this it was worth it but save the money when you can lol) and I flipped through it and immediately bought it. It has great design challenges for all levels. It's a great book to build a solid portfolio with different tasks such as branding to package creation. You will not regret buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exercises, March 30, 2014
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
The book is very practical in a way students really need it to enhance their skills. I bought it to see if I could use some ideas with my editorial class and think it will be amazing! Teachers, students and professionals looking for new experiences to increase their portfolios should really buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool but not what I expected, March 20, 2013
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
I was looking for a design work book to help me get excited and renew some creativity for when I start to build my professional landscape architecture portfolio. This book only goes half way for my taste. It's got some cool layouts to look at but besides being a "work book" I'm not so sure. Maybe due to the mildly confusing image/text layout all I really get are some pictures to look at. Ill keep it around for the library. Who knows what'll come in handy.
One other thing. The book does not lay flat open. So if you wanted to use it for one of your own design projects you'd better have a way to hold it open ...

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was given as a gift., February 1, 2013
J. Martoccio (Northern, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Graphic Design Exercise Book (Paperback)
This book was given as gift to an architectural student that is in her first year, and is quite well written.

The Graphic Design Exercise Book
The Graphic Design Exercise Book by Carolyn Knight (Paperback - April 12, 2010)
$29.99 $21.24
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies