Safety Month botysf16 Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon Fashion $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > The Graveyard Book forum

The Graveyard Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2008 5:46:58 PM PDT
Could someone please email me about the suitability of this book for a girl about to turn ten?

Abigail is on the 7th book of Harry potter and loves it. She is a reader.

Thank you
evemorse@juno.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 4:21:49 PM PDT
Kate Coombs says:
The initial chapter is really scary, but then, Harry Potter gets quite dark. My overall feeling is that The Graveyard Book is fantastic--you might want to tell Abigail about how the book was inspired by The Jungle Book. She can think of the killer as Shere Khan! There are ghouls and other creepy critters, but most of the ghosts and such are actually caretakers or teachers or friends for Bod, the boy who's the main character. I found the book to be touching, to tell you the truth!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Graveyard Book forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Graveyard Book
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (Hardcover - September 30, 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,604)