4,518 Reviews
 (2,549)
 (1,031)

5.0 out of 5 stars Decades later, still great but on different terms.
Having reread this book for the first time in 20 years, I can confirm that there's a reason that it's considered one of the very best American novels. However, my reaction to the story was different than when I first read it in high school. I recall that back then I was hoping that Daisy and Gatsby's love story would ultimately yield a happy ending. Now, I found them both...
Published on August 24, 2001 by mirope

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay for what you get
This version can be difficult to read as it creates new paragraphs mid-sentence. You pay for what you get. I'd recommend spending a little more and getting a better version of this e-book.
Published on August 17, 2010 by Casey

‹ Previous | 1135 136 137452 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Gatsby, October 9, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
I have an addiction to this story. I have read it many times and always find something I didn't notice before. Now I have my own copy I can return any time I want to revisit the "Eggs"

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to read!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Great story, interesting characters, both sweet and bitter sides of life. There is no fake glamour, love or hate. Characters are as real as it can be with all their complexes, regrets, hopes and secrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars really fun to watch, October 8, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
This new version of an old classic was done in true Baz Luhrmann style very "Moulin Rouge" crazy at first but then a true love story reveals itself, Toby is great, Leo is stunning and great, the story well it is beautiful and they scenery in this movie is lovely, so worth watching, even my husband liked it and this is not his jaundra, I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, October 8, 2013
S. Winsor (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
I wish I could explain further why I liked it, but I just knew I would before I read it, and ended up loving it. Glad I bought this and didn't borrow from the library as I could easily read this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a thriller, October 8, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
Purchased the book after seeing the movie with Leonardo De Caprio. A wonderful look into the history of those rip roaring 20's!
It is definitely a "keeper".

4.0 out of 5 stars Allegory. And for the time it was written - it's still a remarkable book!., October 8, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
First of all - a short book, I like reading less the 200 pages books. But it has a point of the devotion - the wannabe, Celebs, America, getting reach a famous which is very precise 90 years after it was written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing Masterpiece! Better than most!, October 8, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
It's as smart and poignant as anything you'll read! Yes , it involves a great deal of waiting a second-or you'll go bonkers-and thinking about what he is really saying (you'll enjoy the process thou). I recommend this one highly to anyone breathing air!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book in high school and now 5 years later it's still a great read! I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good read, October 7, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Read this in high school many years ago. Missed the movie this summer and decided one rainy Sunday morning to order it on my kindle. Three hours later I had finished. Just as good the second time around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical, October 6, 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Flowing words of Fitzgerald create an endless visual of life in love, love of life. Th beauty of romance in a simpler time does not fade when it is read over and over again.

‹ Previous | 1135 136 137452 | Next ›